le bet

DutchCheese

there's a bet going on.
if my friend manages to break this for atleast 50%, he gets 5 euro...
Bank.png

about 40 cm tall.
a new thingy to sit on at school (previous one got blown up... *cough* we have nothing to do with it at all *cough*)
seems they try to prevent it... dissapearing again. *cough*

you think it's impossible? you don't know that guy i guess

i'm losing my 5 euro's! :eek:

there's a bet going on.
Bank.png

about 40 cm tall.
a new thingy to sit on at school (previous one got blown up... *cough* we have nothing to do with it at all *cough*)

Um... Le what?

Oh, god. This sounds fun. Are you one of those people that on the weekend spends their time making flash powder and breaking windows? Welcome to the fun club.

When I first read this, I thought you meant break it with his hand, now I realize, that is not the case.

there's a bet going on.
Bank.png

about 40 cm tall.

even if he does get 5 euros, he's still gonna have to pay for the damn thing :P

Nitroglycerin IS an incredibly useful tool, and tbh, is used far more commonly than people believe. For example, here in the oil sands of northern Alberta, we use it to soften the hard shale that could wear on our machines.

Nitroglycerin IS an incredibly useful tool, and tbh, is used far more commonly than people believe. For example, here in the oil sands of northern Alberta, we use it to soften the hard shale that could wear on our machines.
eww oil sands, bye bye clean water (for processing)

that looks simple. Still not going for a chemistry-based major though.

Yeah it is, but on tests they always give you the non simple versions with like an hour to solve 35 questions :/

That is just examples of uses of nitroglycerin.

that's true, I couldn't find a normal article on how to stabilize nitroglycerin with wood pulp to make dynamite

eww oil sands, bye bye clean water (for processing)
The oil sands aren't as dirty as you think. Environmentalist groups have WAY overstated the effects. I'm not proud of the end results of my work, but it pays my bills and unfortunately, money makes the world spin right now. I've used the money I make to build a less-than-net-zero house, where I can not only negate my carbon footprint, but reduce the footprint of my neighbours as well. Oddly enough, in the parking lot at my work is the highest concentration of hydrogen-fuelled, electric, and hybrid vehicles in Canada.
that's true, I couldn't find a normal article on how to stabilize nitroglycerin with wood pulp to make dynamite
1. Make nitroglycerin.
2. Mix (gently) with about 30-35% dry woodpulp (so the nitroglycerin can be absorbed).
3. Roll it with a cannonfuse in the midddle.
4. Wrap it in clay, paper, or other appropriate material.
5. IMPORTANT: Label as a high explosive.

Back