le bet

it's funny.
how vandalism goes to chemistry :3
Art? Or Crime?
01_collective_graffiti_chiado_lisbon_big.jpg

Vandalism is generally in the eye of the beholder.

The oil sands aren't as dirty as you think. Environmentalist groups have WAY overstated the effects. I'm not proud of the end results of my work, but it pays my bills and unfortunately, money makes the world spin right now. I've used the money I make to build a less-than-net-zero house, where I can not only negate my carbon footprint, but reduce the footprint of my neighbours as well. Oddly enough, in the parking lot at my work is the highest concentration of hydrogen-fuelled, electric, and hybrid vehicles in Canada.

1. Make nitroglycerin.
2. Mix (gently) with about 30-35% dry woodpulp (so the nitroglycerin can be absorbed).
3. Roll it with a cannonfuse in the midddle.
4. Wrap it in clay, paper, or other appropriate material.
5. IMPORTANT: Label as a high explosive.

I haven't read enough into environmental effects and net energy gain of acquiring and using sands, however seven barrels of water per barrel of oil seems extreme. I just wish the media in the United States didn't parade sands or natural gas as a permanent fix just to calm the masses, not to mention I still haven't seen a single electric car on the road. Maybe I shouldn't expect that in Texas?

Also, the cannon fuses are on sale right? No one is going to get suspicious?

I haven't read enough into environmental effects and net energy gain of acquiring and using sands, however seven barrels of water per barrel of oil seems extreme. I just wish the media in the United States didn't parade sands or natural gas as a permanent fix just to calm the masses, not to mention I still haven't seen a single electric car on the road. Maybe I shouldn't expect that in Texas?

Also, the cannon fuses are on sale right? No one is going to get suspicious?
Well, they are in Canada. Although, asking for a cannon fuse might get suspicion. A coil of firework fuse should be just fine. If not, you could just add water to some gunpowder to make it into an aqueous paste, soak an unwaxed candle wick in it, and let it dry. Never had to do that myself, but I've heard it works wonders.

EDIT: Just realized I'm probably assisting several minors in the creation of dynamite. DO NOT BREAK ANY LAWS. I use this stuff in a professional, safe, and completely legal environment. On a personal/private level, using a small amount to remove tree stumps or tear down old sheds is perfectly acceptable, but never make more than you need; and should you have leftovers, DESTROY IT, do NOT store it. Dynamite has a shelf life after which it becomes extremely unstable and very dangerous. On top of that, no matter where you live in the states, if you get searched and are found to be storing TNT, have fun dealing with the terrorism laws.

Well, they are in Canada. Although, asking for a cannon fuse might get suspicion. A coil of firework fuse should be just fine. If not, you could just add water to some gunpowder to make it into an aqueous paste, soak an unwaxed candle wick in it, and let it dry. Never had to do that myself, but I've heard it works wonders.

EDIT: Just realized I'm probably assisting several minors in the creation of dynamite. DO NOT BREAK ANY LAWS. I use this stuff in a professional, safe, and completely legal environment. On a personal/private level, using a small amount to remove tree stumps or tear down old sheds is perfectly acceptable, but never make more than you need; and should you have leftovers, DESTROY IT, do NOT store it. Dynamite has a shelf life after which it becomes extremely unstable and very dangerous. On top of that, no matter where you live in the states, if you get searched and are found to be storing TNT, have fun dealing with the terrorism laws.

Timothy McVeigh ruined it for the rest of us. However he used ammonium nitrate.

Peh.
Who needs bombs when you have eternal flames?

Back