Let us put our hats down for minecraft classic.....

Darth_Purrface

Years have passed since minecraft classic's prime, and now our server lies deserted and empty, with only a few guests that populate the place.

Indeed, our nostalgia rises be remembering all the happy and sad things that happened to us when classic was full of people, let us watch this video that may not remind us of our classic server, but reminds us of how nearly all happy things in life will deteriorate eventually....

Pxc78.png

0.jpg

0.jpg

mourning-twins-300web.jpg

:confused: <MFW Talking about nostalgia with a September 2012 join date.... I understand the purpose of this thread but my observation stands.
I am talking about memories of classic, not specifically Team9000 (been playing classic for a long time with another account (who's password I have forgotten)) But I put in some T9k memories to suit the setting here, which yes I realized is pretty stupid. :confused: But now that I have fixed my carelessness once again with another fill-in-the-blanks statement, I hope the thread can get back on track...

I am talking about memories of classic, not specifically Team9000 (been playing classic for a long time with another account (who's password I have forgotten)) But I put in some T9k memories to suit the setting here, which yes I realized is pretty stupid. :confused: But now that I have fixed my carelessness once again with another fill-in-the-blanks statement, I hope the thread can get back on track...

I will always love/remember/play on classic as long as it stands.

The only reason why I kept going to Classic is because of the guests and the people that got on. Well, now there isn't that much people anymore and I really miss it. The only reason why and how I got my premium account was because of Classic, the reason how I found Team9000 is classic and a lot of people joined because of Classic. The people that joins this place is kind of getting lesser compared to when Classic was popular.

It's still alive though and up and running, people are still joining but just a few. People still goes on to Classic so it isn't to dead just yet. ;)

Zombieslayer, IT IS STILL ALIVE SO CALM YOUR TITS.

alright here is my take and you may agree or disagree but this what I think.

So classic is dead, it has kicked the bucket, fallen off the deep end, and has ceased to be. With that being said however classic is how the vast majority of the newer members came to t9k. Without classic fueling it, t9k may have not grown as much or if at all. Thanks to various circumstances classic barley sees more than 10 people on at one time and at its peak MIGHT see 30. That isn't a good sign for a server and I agree with crane, the server's time has come and gone and needs to be shut down soon. The thing is that we have a fantastic survival server already and with launch in place t9k has some of the best servers out there. The point I am trying to get at is that it might be wise to start looking for another service to be the new fuel for t9k so that we can continue to have growth and more members coming in.

As many times as I come on Classic and see I'm the only person there, or there's only a couple people, I don't want to see it shut down. Classic is responsible for me finding Team9000, meeting 90% of my friends here, 700 hours of enjoyment, building whatever I want with no constraints, and so much more.

I really wish Mojang didn't screw with the account system. New members can't even check out Classic anymore unless they buy a premium account, which is sad and greedy imo. It seems like less and less people are going to find us unless we start talking to IRL friends about Team9000, and stuff like that, word of mouth.

And about the "shutting down Classic for better survival hardware", hasn't Woot already said that money isn't an issue with Survival, and that he can buy more stuff if he needs to?

I also agree about putting the maps up for download when and if Classic does get shut down.

Is Classic dead? No.
Is it dying? Yes, thanks to Mojang.

Until our players online stays 0 for longer than 72 hours or more, Classic will not die. Will Woot terminated it eventually? Yes, he's already stated this, however, it will only be when: A. The above condition is met, or B. When the demand for other servers greatly outweighs the votes and attempts to keep classic running.

never heard what caused classic became like this, maybe someone could explain me? is it because the changed registration rules so that mojang wont give new player username unless they buy the minecraft?
well just like littlespedve, some of us know t9k right from classic server (not everyone could buy the premium, right?), and almost half of post in Funny Minecraft Moment was from classic right? .-.

maybe if we add some achievement in classic it would live again?

never heard what caused classic became like this, maybe someone could explain me? is it because the changed registration rules so that mojang wont give new player username unless they buy the minecraft?
well just like littlespedve, some of us know t9k right from classic server (not everyone could buy the premium, right?), and almost half of post in Funny Minecraft Moment was from classic right? .-.

maybe if we add some achievement in classic it would live again?

It wouldn't have that much change to it. Just let Classic be, it's going to die eventually no matter what we would do. :p

Back