• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Let's Plays for the community - A koala's attempt at entertaining people

ChibaMasato

Ohai :D

As some of you are aware, I've recently taken up recording Let's Plays as a way to entertain people. Currently, I'm "Lp"-ing Starcraft 64, however, I'm going to start another one, so I can fulfill peoples' requests in a slightly more timely fashion. One game will be a request, and the other will be a game of my choosing. Hopefully, this will give people something else to watch if they don't like one of the games I'm playing. I've found that I like doing this. It's fun for me, and it gives me a way to pay new games that I haven't already played, and gives me a way to connect with everyone. That being said, episode 2 of the Starcraft lp is up on Youtube, which you can find here: Click me.

Now, on to business: This is the community-compiled list of games thus far:

Zelda:
  • Ocarina of Time
    Oracle of Seasons/Ages
    Majora's Mask (HISSSSSSSS.....)
    A Link to the Past
    Link's Awakening
Final Fantasy:
    Tactics
Spyro the Dragon 1
Crash Bandicoot 1
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong-Quest
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky

Suggested games that I'm not going to do:

Superman 64: No. Just no. I will not play this. 10 minutes of rings does not sit well with me.
Onimusha: Nothing against the games, but I need both the games and the equipment to record it. It's getting declined for now.
Ib: 0 horror-esque games will be played by me. I am a freakin' coward, and I have no issues admitting it.
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing: ಠ_ಠ

Moving on, I'm going to keep my personal list secret for now, to keep things interesting. Of course, several games mentioned already were on my "Going to do regardless" list, so. xD I'm still taking requests for games, so please suggest any games you want to see me play. Here's a list of what I can do in terms of systems:

NES
SNES
Gameboy
Gameboy Advanced
Nintendo 64
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 1
Nintendo DS*
PC*

* = Requires more testing/depends on if I own it.

Now, on to something else I don't mind doing: MMOs I used to be big into MMOs, playing and trying out any that looked fun or interesting. If you want to suggest one to have me play it and record my experience with it, please go right on ahead. I'll happily do, maybe a 10 episode mini-series, on the game, maybe more depending on how I like it. Hell, if you want to co-star in said series, feel free. :D I'll happily arrange for something like that.

GAME NIGHTS

Yes, if things go as planned and this becomes a running thing, I want to start recording game nights as sort of a way to get people who stumble on the videos to come visit the site and increase our numbers more. Most game nights are fun, full of laughs, and usually show the randoms we get just what kind of community we are. Plus, this doubles as a way for those who missed a game night to see just what happened.

Feedback on all of this would be amazing, guys and gals. <3 I'd greatly appreciate it.

In regards to let's plays, start with 3, 4 games tops then tackle what youre gonna play once you finish 1 of the games later down the road...otherwise youll get yourself swamped and never rememebr where you are when you start a saved game

I would enjoy watching you pwn at games.
Also, why the hate for Big Rigs: Over the Ridge Racing? That game is a godsend to gamers worldwide.
Oh, and if you could procure a copy of Earthbound and lp it, I guarantee I'll be the first one watching it.:p

Back