Longboarding

Dr_LASR

This is the OFFICIAL thread for longboarding! Everything related to it, let it be Wheels, Bearings, Skateboarding... Here is the place! Post your current set-ups, what you prefer to wear, your shoes... Everything!

Currently, I'm repping a Globe Geminon 41, yellow and black.
10525139FLYEL-GLOBE-1_400X500.JPG

Personally, It's my first board, but I am already in love with it.

never longboarded, but I did have a nice skateboard, Element featherlight deck, unit trucks in black and silver, spitfire wheels, and swiss black bones bearings.

fantastic board, had a ton of fun with it when I used to skate.

never longboarded, but I did have a nice skateboard, Element featherlight deck, unit trucks in black and silver, spitfire wheels, and swiss black bones bearings.

fantastic board, had a ton of fun with it when I used to skate.

I'd highly suggest it :) Very fun, and you can ride on almost any road. Plus it's faster than walking, and cheaper than a car.

well, it is Florida, and everything is flat here....also I am not allowed near skateboards as I am accident prone.

well, it is Florida, and everything is flat here....also I am not allowed near skateboards as I am accident prone.

I live in southern Canada. It's flat here aswell. With an average board, you can go atleast 10 feet with a single push. And they're alot safer than you would think. They're not going to move much when your standing on them.

My friend who I forced to join this forum and checks every now and then is a massive longboarder, he'll probably squee when he sees this thread.

I live in southern Canada. It's flat here aswell. With an average board, you can go atleast 10 feet with a single push. And they're alot safer than you would think. They're not going to move much when your standing on them.
2 things: too many potholes and well, don't most of us live in southern canada? it's like too cold and barren in the north lol :p

to clarify, it is not that I am scared of doing it because I am accident prone, I have promised my wife that I would stay away from skateboards for a few reasons. Reason 1, accident prone. Reason 2, I cannot get on a skateboard and just skate when I know how to do the tricks. Reason 2.5, tricks lead to accidents and bleeding shins. Finally reason 3, I am the breadwinner and my livelyhood depends on the use of my hands to fix things and roadrash would not suit me well....

longboarding can be a ton of fun, however I do not plan on doing it any time soon because of the above reasons. however, I am following this thread because I do enjoy it.

to clarify, it is not that I am scared of doing it because I am accident prone, I have promised my wife that I would stay away from skateboards for a few reasons. Reason 1, accident prone. Reason 2, I cannot get on a skateboard and just skate when I know how to do the tricks. Reason 2.5, tricks lead to accidents and bleeding shins. Finally reason 3, I am the breadwinner and my livelyhood depends on the use of my hands to fix things and roadrash would not suit me well....

longboarding can be a ton of fun, however I do not plan on doing it any time soon because of the above reasons. however, I am following this thread because I do enjoy it.
Damn, Godlib knows how to skate, never would have thought that :D

i used to skate a bit too, also, always considered longboards pretty damn cool, can't really contriboot here tho, so i'll just follow it x3

i used to skate a bit too, also, always considered longboards pretty damn cool, can't really contriboot here tho, so i'll just follow it x3

I could not live close to kona...

kona-overhead.HawkTour-1200x560.jpg

and not know how to skate. That place was awesome, and I love it until the moment they charged more than I could afford to pay to get in.

I could not live close to kona...

kona-overhead.HawkTour-1200x560.jpg

and not know how to skate. That place was awesome, and I love it until the moment they charged more than I could afford to pay to get in.

That... Is... AWESOME.

Why not? It's not that hard to get started :p

That... Is... AWESOME.

Indeed it was, at the time I went there, the large half pipe was named "Big Blue" as it was a 15 foot vert ramp that was all blue. Dropping into that thing was a huge rush....also the first time I did it I failed miserably and slammed hard into the bottom...but after that, just picked myself up and tried again until I was able to do it. They have since demolished "Big Blue" and in place is that much larger vert ramp you see in the pic. Most of my time there however was spent at "Pool" which is literally the dried out swimming pool you can see in the middle of the park. So much fun and pain was left at that park when I was much younger, but I could never go back to it again because of those same reasons I stated earlier. Plus after it got its cut from being featured in one of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games and hosting the Tony Hawk pro tour several times...they started charging much more than my broke gothed out skater kid self could afford.

Indeed it was, at the time I went there, the large half pipe was named "Big Blue" as it was a 15 foot vert ramp that was all blue. Dropping into that thing was a huge rush....also the first time I did it I failed miserably and slammed hard into the bottom...but after that, just picked myself up and tried again until I was able to do it. They have since demolished "Big Blue" and in place is that much larger vert ramp you see in the pic. Most of my time there however was spent at "Pool" which is literally the dried out swimming pool you can see in the middle of the park. So much fun and pain was left at that park when I was much younger, but I could never go back to it again because of those same reasons I stated earlier. Plus after it got its cut from being featured in one of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games and hosting the Tony Hawk pro tour several times...they started charging much more than my broke gothed out skater kid self could afford.

Where I like to skate, it's completely free. Don't know why they charge just to get in. It's stupid.

Where I like to skate, it's completely free. Don't know why they charge just to get in. It's stupid.
Kona was pretty big, and they had a large staff to run the skateshop, they had a couple of "Pro's" who would give skate classes, and they had a cafe if you got hungry. On top of that, they were constantly upgrading the park and adding new things which the price of admission would pay for. Originally it was $7 for the entire day....after it got super popular, price rose above $20 for a 2 hour session, but they continually would bring in professional skate/bmx teams for shows....at the end of the day Kona was a business.

There was another skatepark on the other side of town however that was free so myself and my friends just shifted to skating there instead.

Kona was pretty big, and they had a large staff to run the skateshop, they had a couple of "Pro's" who would give skate classes, and they had a cafe if you got hungry. On top of that, they were constantly upgrading the park and adding new things which the price of admission would pay for. Originally it was $7 for the entire day....after it got super popular, price rose above $20 for a 2 hour session, but they continually would bring in professional skate/bmx teams for shows....at the end of the day Kona was a business.

There was another skatepark on the other side of town however that was free so myself and my friends just shifted to skating there instead.

Well I guess that kinds makes sense, but that's still alot. I'm sure it would've lowered by the time they were done building.

Back