Looking For a Desktop Keyboard (Letters Won't Rub Off)

jrblaze

I'm in the market for a keyboard that is durable and the letters will not rub off. The person that I'm looking to purchase this for has tried my Das Keyboard and doesn't like the thick profile it has or the mechanical key clicking sounds. So a low profile, quiet keyboard would be ideal.

She is at her keyboard for probably about 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I think she would prefer wired and it has to be USB.

Suggestions?

Any keyboard will work. Just pop the keys off, and spray shellac the tops. Reapply to the most worn keys every few months.

I'd advise to look for one of the Logitech low profile office keyboards, they're very well made and back when I used one of them I didn't have any problems with the letters fading, even though I gamed a lot.

Any backlit keyboard might be the route to go since the letters are cut out of the keys instead of printed and stuck on.

I like the shellac the tops of the keys idea but I don't have the time doing that want to spend the time doing that.

I'll take a look at the Razer Death-Stalker.

The TRON keyboard looks awesome but the price is way up there and I think it's a little too much (style wise) for what she would want.

Some of the backlit keyboard still get worn but from what I've seen it still seem to be the best route to go.

Thanks everyone!

How do you not have 20 minutes at some point during the day? That seems unlikely. Just saying.

You're right, it's not that I don't have the time and it's that I don't want to spend the time dealing with shellacking the keys.

Yeah, but you're a dick. You don't count.
Objection.png

key to having a keyboard with a long life: wash your dam hands after you eat potatoe chips.
and also wiping down your keyboard every now and then wouldn't hurt you too.

Back