• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

LTS town: Lut Gholein

Psychedelic10

Havochron and I are working on the Diablo 2 town Lut Gholein. We've planned to do so here.
https://t9k.me/2cl

This is what the town looks like in-game, and the minecraft rendition should look similar in the end.
Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 10.47.59 PM.png

Heres a link to this photo. You can zoom in. https://t9k.me/2ck

If you would like to help out just leave a message here or ask one of us in-game. We could use all the help we can get!

Thanks!

Psych, ever thought of doing a sandstone layer, then like a dark red wool block of sorts. This is honestly the best idea I can come up with for the palace. I'm a Diablo fan so I figured I'd offer a bit of advice as far as the palace goes. It's really the only thing I can think of that would allow for it to look somewhat like it should.

Psych, ever thought of doing a sandstone layer, then like a dark red wool block of sorts. This is honestly the best idea I can come up with for the palace. I'm a Diablo fan so I figured I'd offer a bit of advice as far as the palace goes. It's really the only thing I can think of that would allow for it to look somewhat like it should.

So far I have built the front steps in single player and changed out the different red blocks to see which looks best. The red wool block is a bit too red but doesn't necessarily look bad at all. I ended up using that block in the checkered crests in the front and then netherrack for the lines. I think netherrack/netherbrick looks the best. If I can't get those though then I'll probably just use wool.

I like those designs, but remember we want everything to look similar to the game~

The walls are plain, but thats how they are in diablo; I kind of like how plain they are actually. Maybe you could improve these?

2013-03-26_23.52.28.png 2013-03-27_00.03.16.png 2013-03-27_00.04.35.png

In any case, thanks again for your help! I'm a bit swamped with school atm, but I'll be on soon.

Ya i think i will build them a little bit shorter then you have them here. but ya i want to make them go right around the whole town from dock to dock... also started making the dock out of oak wood planks.. they look pretty good for the dock part, you may be right about the part of the dock that touches the town though ill throw some cobblestone and stonebricks in to see what they look like.. what do you want the roads to be made out of....? they look like dirt in the map or sand but i dont mind changing things a little bit for minecraft, also started curing villagers for the houses in our town :D yaaaa... havnt gotten anything really good in trade yet but im hope full that one will trade me diamond picks for porkchops or something :p anyway things are well underway have fun with your school and I look forward to building with you soon :D peace for now

Well first we have to place the walls, they will match the layout in the picture (not just a square around), then we will build the palace off of the walls as a reference, then the roads will be scaled to the palace. Don't eat the whole elephant at once! One thing at a time ha. I saw that zombie cure zone you made it's rad heh. I'm using the picture in my first post as a reference for everything. The town is supposed to look almost just like it when it's done. The docks just look to be a sort of stone material, with wood behind them, so I suggested we use cobble or something similar. I think the wall height is good. They can't be shorter length-wise however. Ok I'm out gotta go ttyl bye~

Dev notes.

On the map the city spans from (343, -490) to (79, -718).

~Build Plan~

-Making the docks (5x5 per chunk, 46 chunks in all; a little more than there are in the game(42)). Material- Cobble/stonebrick
-Next come the walls (11 or 12 long each section. One section is 10 or 11 for the wall, and 1 for the pillar; then repeats.)
-Next the Palace. It is 40x40 in area exactly, (Not including the pillar to its left,) with each of its sprite chunks being 8x8. will be oriented from the walls.
-Next the roads. They will be scaled to the palace. Exact dimensions when we get there.
-Then the market center/stalls and the houses/inn/lode-stone (Nether!)
-Authentic dungeons?
-Profit.

Walls are done!!! Start on palace when you get a chance and then we can map out roads, and go from there :D

Ok got us some nether quartz for pillars and blocks also we now have access to redstone blocks as well :D not sure if thats gonna affect your palace design but it might add some better colors to match it up. Playing the waiting game again hope your school is going well Peace

Hey pych sorry I've been away for so long moved into a house with no Internet and haven't had the cash to get it. Going back to work within the week and ill be online again :) can't wait to see how everything looks :) peace for now

Lut Gholein is one of my favorite maps for Diablo II, glad to see you are making it. How will you manage the anchored ship?

Back