Mad Genius Motion Capture System: Skyrim Presentation

Skryter

I ran across this earlier today and I was suitably impressed by the device, even though there are some issues with the fluidity of the software/hardware and the limitations of the product I am certainly interested on the concept that's been presented here and would love to hear your opinions on the topic:

I can't wait for gaming setups to just be large hamster balls. I can run around inside of a plastic sphere like a madman with gloves and some headgear on. Games like Elder Scrolls, and Zelda will be so much more epic.

It really looks like virtual reality might become part of gaming in the distant future, with things like the Oculus Rift, that thing in the video right there, and erm... hamster balls. Just wait until haptic gloves are widespread and affordable. I can rip hearts out in Mortal Kombat and feel even more badass.

I can't wait for gaming setups to just be large hamster balls. I can run around inside of a plastic sphere like a madman with gloves and some headgear on. Games like Elder Scrolls, and Zelda will be so much more epic.

It really looks like virtual reality might become part of gaming in the distant future, with things like the Oculus Rift, that thing in the video right there, and erm... hamster balls. Just wait until haptic gloves are widespread and affordable. I can rip hearts out in Mortal Kombat and feel even more badass.
I got a chance to play with a haptic feedback suit as part of testing a close-quarters combat training machine in development by several Commonwealth military forces. The boobs felt really real. Just saying.

Yes, I get a chance to use a $20 Million prototype machine designed for combat training, and the first thing I do? I select a female opponent and grope her. The MWO just about pissed himself laughing. The CWO.....she was less amused. I was not invited back.

I got a chance to play with a haptic feedback suit as part of testing a close-quarters combat training machine in development by several Commonwealth military forces. The boobs felt really real. Just saying.

Yes, I get a chance to use a $20 Million prototype machine designed for combat training, and the first thing I do? I select a female opponent and grope her. The MWO just about pissed himself laughing. The CWO.....she was less amused. I was not invited back.

Well it was a once in a lifetime chance, and you used that chance well :D.

I would have expected nothing less.

Back