Mad Max released today

Has anyone played this yet? Is it any good? As much as I like Mad Max, I'm not sure if I should wait for the eventual steam sale as the promo videos look underwhelming to say the least.

I have it. It's similar to an older game I enjoyed called "Lords of the Realms" where you have to conquer territory in order to expand and grown your base, technology, etc. There is some grinding however as they made it a mix car game (GTA style controls) and first person fighting (controls are a bit clunky originally). But if you like having a map of the territory with obstacles, must win and are goal driven (three types of rewards, Car, Territory, Melee) it should be a good time.

I wouldn't pay 60 bucks, but the 20 I paid seems to be well spent as I'm currently at 34 hours on it and probably not at the half point. Note I paid using the link above so it's legit, but the Ripper DLC didn't come with it.

I have it. It's similar to an older game I enjoyed called "Lords of the Realms" where you have to conquer territory in order to expand and grown your base, technology, etc. There is some grinding however as they made it a mix car game (GTA style controls) and first person fighting (controls are a bit clunky originally). But if you like having a map of the territory with obstacles, must win and are goal driven (three types of rewards, Car, Territory, Melee) it should be a good time.

I wouldn't pay 60 bucks, but the 20 I paid seems to be well spent as I'm currently at 34 hours on it and probably not at the half point. Note I paid using the link above so it's legit, but the Ripper DLC didn't come with it.
The Melee combat is the exact same as the Batman Arkham games, for better clarification.

So what I'm hearing is, play Phantom Pain for a couple of months then pick up Mad Max when the price drops?

Back