mcfar45's Forum Contest!

mcfar45

Hi guys!

I have 1 copy of Sonic 3 & Knuckles to give away on Steam.

In order to win this copy you have to prove your love for Sonic! You can do this in any way you want (as long as it is within the forum rules).

You have until Friday December 16 to post or link to your entry. Now post your entries below!

I wrote a fan fic about it that has accurate representations to Sonic gaming logic.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3797/Sonic's-Pony-Adventure's:-A-Peculiar-Pony-Place

I could hear the roaring captivating sounds of angry justice behind me, I could feel the slick cool breeze running past my head, I could feel the world running by below my feet, I am Sonic.

I was taking my evening jog through my favorite park, listening to the birds that we're chirping in the brief distances, the sound of bushes rustling in the wind that covered the sound of a bunny running by, and the sound of angry pissed off robots that we're looking for a good sprint.

As I finished up my jog the sound of cranking metal parts stepped up behind me, shaking the ground like an earth quake, that soon followed by the repetitive words of a crazed inventor bent on taking over the world. Just an average day I guess.

As I ran away from Dr.Robotnik thinking,

This really does get boring after a while..I wonder if I get caught again then escape for fun....again..

The missiles flying by, the aimless mindless bullets spraying by my face, almost as if it was a childish game, and then I began to think. Is there another world out there?

I looked back at the freak show joke behind me and asked,

"Hey can you umm, I don't know, stop for a minute and we can have a talk?"

Robotnik looked at me with the same look that he gave me on the space station back during the good old days of saving the world.

After we had stopped and I dismantled his robots that apparently wouldn't listen to him, I began to explain my remorse and urge for something new. As I began to explain it, and as my dreams became more robust, the gears in his head began to turn faster.

He looked at me as I finished and asked,

"What's the fastest you have ever gone?"

"Speed of light. Why do ask?"

He looked at me with a grinning smile and yelled,

"PERFECT! I have a brand new invention I want you to try out that might be the answer to all your problems!"

"Huh?" I replied with confusion "What would that be?"

He pulled out a little ring, almost like a arm bracelet. It had a thousand lights, metal mechanics and cords surrounding it.

He held it up and said,

"This! Is the universal 9001!"

I looked at him with a blank expression,

"Umm? what does it do?" I asked.

"What does it do?! HAHA!" He scoffed "This can allow the wearer to travel from location to location anywhere in the universe!"

"OH!" I responded with a excited look on my face "But wait, how will this solve my problem?"

"Ah, you see, they say speed of light was the point where one could time travel once reached, however you proved this to be false and it was actually the chaos emeralds that could create warps in time. But! I wonder if wearing this and activating the bracelet at the speed of light and using chaos control at the speed of light could teleport you anywhere outside our universe!"

I looked at him with the dullest expression and replied,

"That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard..."

"Have you heard of anyone to prove this wrong?" replied Robotnik.

I looked at him with a ignorant look and replied,

"Fine, I'll try it, couldn't hurt, right?"

"That's the spirit" he replied."

He handed me the bracelet and said,

"Press the button on the side once to activate it once you reached the speed of light."

I attached it to my arm, and I prepared to run as fast as I could.

Before I did I looked back at him and asked,

"let's say, this does work and I somehow get sent somewhere, will I ever be able to get back?"

He replied,

"Of course!" He leaned down and pointed out a yellow button on the side of the bracelet "Simply hold this for a few seconds and you should be teleported back to where you started."

I breathed a sigh of relief and looked ahead, I got my feet ready, I pulled my hair back, I pulled out one of the chaos emeralds, I got into position, and then, I ran.

I began to run as fast as I could, I began to pick up wind as was soon running on air, I broke the sound barrier and was going faster and faster. I felt my hair flying back way behind my head, I was beginning to fly the circumference of the earth over and over and over again.

I then used the used the chaos control and started to go faster and faster. I looked at the bracelet and pressed the button.

I felt my body being pulled into nothing, my body beginning to stretch and deform. I thought I was going to die from this pain, and then I felt myself being flown into another realm. I fell out of the pain anguishing bit of nothingness that I had just came from and I felt myself being whisked out into another planet, another world, another universe.

I opened my eyes to see a colorful, awfully pinkish town on the horizon with the view of a castle hanging off of the cliffs of the mountain in the far distance. I then realized where I was. I was falling, falling from the sky, with nothing to stop my fall.
I looked down and began to scream and then suddenly I felt myself ram into something.

I fell forward and opened my eyes to see a...a pony. A pony with wings, a very fast pony with wings.

It had heard my plea for help and caught me as I was falling to my emending doom and as the pony flew for the ground to drop me off it turned around and looked at me.

The pony yelled,

"AH!! what the heck are you?!"

The pony cried as she threw me off of her back.

As I tried to regain my consciousness of reality as to what was happening I opened my eyes to notice I was looking a pony, a Pegasus, straight in the face.

The pony looked at me with a strange look, as I stood up the pony walked around me and began to as if almost, inspect me.

I looked at the pony and said,

"Umm, where the hell am I and who and what are you?"

The pony looked at me and said,

"I should say the same about you!"

I looked at the pony directly in the eye and said,

"Where am I?!"

The pony stopped and thought for a second, and said,

"Your....In ponyville..I'm Rainbow Dash... and just who are you?"
I jumped up and replied

"I'm Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog!"

The pony looked at me with a weird expression and asked in curiosity,

"Umm, not that it matters but, where did you come from and how did you get here?"

I looked at the pony and then stopped and thought to myself, totally throwing the ponies question out of the way and then realized that this was it. This is what I had been looking for, something different, something entertaining, something...AWESOME!

The pony coughed and yelled,

"Helloooo? You gonna answer my question?"

"Uuhh I'm from Earth."

"You're from here?"

"No, not this earth. I'm from another earth, or another universe"

"How the hay did you manage that?" asked the confused pony.

I didn't want these ponies to try and take my one way of getting out of here, that is, if I did want to get out of here.

"Honestly, I don't know..."

"Whatever" exclaimed the pony "Come on let me show you to my friends."

"Umm, ok" I replied.

The pony looked at me and said,

"Do you need a lift?"

I looked at the pony and said,

"Are you kidding me? I bet I could beat you to your friends before you even get half way there."

The pony got a grin on her face, and yelled

"You're on!"

I got my feet ready, the pony got her hooves ready.

The pony yelled,

"On your mark! Get set! Go!"

I put my front foot forward and started running by the pony as fast as I could. I looked to my right to notice Rainbow Dash was flying right next to me, at the same speed. I tried to go faster and so did the pony, I tried to go faster than the pony but still no prevail. The ponies skills were as equal to mine.

We reached the town and we both ran by the town square and I stopped and as so did Rainbow Dash.

I exclaimed, trying to catch my breath,

"let's just call it a tie huh?"

"Sure..." replied Dash.

I looked around to notice every single pony was looking directly at me. Hard to blame them, when's the last time you see a talking blue hedgehog. Then again, when was the last time I saw a talking pony.

I looked around and said,

"Hey, what's up."

I heard a scream and turned around to see a dramatic pony faint, and simultaneously all the other ponies ran into their houses. In a few moments the streets were deserted.

I scoffed,

"Your friends seem very nice Dash."

Dash got up and looked at me and said,

"Oh, those aren't my friends, those are my friends."

The pony pointed behind me, and as I turned around I saw, 5 ponies.

A purple pony with a pink stripe in her hair reading a break entitled "strange creatures".

A saw another pinkie pony jumping around almost looking as if she was happy to meet me.

There was another pony with light pink hair and was hiding behind another orange pony that was wearing a cowboy hat.

Then another pony walked up that had a curled purple mane.

I looked at all these ponies and said,

"Hello."
The purple pony closed the book and said,

"Hi, nice to meet you, don't know what you are or where you came from, but glad to meet you. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Now umm, Who are you?"

I replied,

"I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog"

"Glad to meet you Sonic, let me introduce you to everypony.

This is Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy. I can see you already met Rainbow Dash."

I replied,

"Nice to meet you all."

Twilight looked at me and did exactly what Rainbow Dash had did not a bit earlier. She asked me,

"Where did you come from?"

"umm, well..It's a long story."

Twilight replied,

"Oh do tell."

I shrugged and sat down and said,

"Well..."

Owned a Sega Genesis, First game was Sonic the hedgehog And my all time favorite game was Sonic the hedgehog 2! I also had sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and even Sonic 3d blast (which i actually liked)
My dad then sold my Genesis on me :'(
I also owned A sega game gear that i still own today :D (will post a pic) With sonic the hedgehog Chaos
Got a Sega Dreamcast on September 9th 1999. THE DAY IT CAME OUT
Owned Sonic Adventure 1 + 2 NOT THE Dx Or Battle Crap versions (even tho they were the same ;) ) and even Sonic Shuffle which was basically a mario party rip off. Fun none the less. (still own these and may post a pic, however i think my sonic adventure 2 broke)
For ps2 i had Sonic adventure 2 Battle, Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic heroes. Sonic heroes was one of my favorites for the "new" sonic games which will soon turn to crap. I also owned the Sega Genesis collection which had almost every sonic game made known to man in it
For gameboy i had every sonic Advanced game
For xbox 360 i had sonic the hedgehog which i didnt like much.
Recently Sonic generations came out for pc and i have been playing that alot. One of my favorite games of the past 5 years.

Tl;Dr: Sonic the hedgehog is one of my favorite game series of all time. Its what i grew up with. Most people grew up with mario instead of Sonic but for me it was sonic. I have been Sad with the recent games but sonic generations gives me new hope :3

And theres this: IN REAL LIFE
42lva.jpg

GiftedNarwhals said:
Owned a Sega Genesis, First game was Sonic the hedgehog And my all time favorite game was Sonic the hedgehog 2! I also had sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and even Sonic 3d blast (which i actually liked)
My dad then sold my Genesis on me :'(
I also owned A sega game gear that i still own today :D (will post a pic) With sonic the hedgehog Chaos
Got a Sega Dreamcast on September 9th 1999. THE DAY IT CAME OUT
Owned Sonic Adventure 1 + 2 NOT THE Dx Or Battle Crap versions (even tho they were the same ;) ) and even Sonic Shuffle which was basically a mario party rip off. Fun none the less. (still own these and may post a pic, however i think my sonic adventure 2 broke)
For ps2 i had Sonic adventure 2 Battle, Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic heroes. Sonic heroes was one of my favorites for the "new" sonic games which will soon turn to crap. I also owned the Sega Genesis collection which had almost every sonic game made to man in it
For gameboy i had every sonic Advanced game
For xbox 360 i had sonic the hedgehog which i didnt like much.
Recently Sonic generations came out for pc and i have been playing that alot. One of my favorite games of the past 5 years.

Tl;Dr: Sonic the hedgehog is one of my favorite game series of all time. Its what i grew up with. Most people grew up with mario instead of Sonic but for me it was sonic. I have been Sad with the recent games but sonic generations gives me new hope :3

kay i think i lost

I had this one Sonic game that I had when I was little for PS2... Then I sold it.

^^^Boys, I think we have a winner.

I had a sonic game on my xbox, and I still have it, but it has sonic 1 2 and 3, mean bean machine, 3d, pretty much all the sonics that were out at he time are on it, so like 16 sonic games on 1 disc, and I beat evey one, and it took, FOREVER

Sonic the Porcupine? Oh yeah, I love that character.
Or is he a Hedgehog? Some kind of spiny creature? Anyway...
He's the red and black one right?
He can fly at super speed through walls and teleport right?
https://www.team9000.net/attachments/Wooty-png.78290/

katphish said:
Sonic the Porcupine? Oh yeah, I love that character.
Or is he a Hedgehog? Some kind of spiny creature? Anyway...
He's the red and black one right?
He can fly at super speed through walls and teleport right?
* SPOILER *

yes. spot on.

Hi guys!

I have 1 copy of Sonic 3 & Knuckles to give away on Steam.

In order to win this copy you have to prove your love for Sonic! You can do this in any way you want (as long as it is within the forum rules).

You have until Friday December 16 to post or link to your entry. Now post your entries below!
Would that Make Wooty win, as he is the biggest sonic fan

I am not a big fan of sonic but a kid at my school goes crazy over sonic. Sonic games on vintage game consoles, Sonic pics on his ipod, he just hearts sonic. Lol i have no idea why he would get that obssessed with it. A few games is cool but having a full nerd-gasm over it is just weird. This is why i think this person should win.

I am not a big fan of sonic but a kid at my school goes crazy over sonic. Sonic games on vintage game consoles, Sonic pics on his ipod, he just hearts sonic. Lol i have no idea why he would get that obssessed with it. A few games is cool but having a full nerd-gasm over it is just weird. This is why i think this person should win.

Tell him to join Team9000 and post something here that proves he is a true fan of the games!

Back