• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecarts

I only really see two issues with carts as they are:
-Because of auto-entering, you can't really "push-start" them as you would normally
-Non-residents of protected areas can't place carts within the area

Push-starting is not an issue, just press the w key and you'll start moving.

You forgot to add "Cannot transport animals/villagers or items."

You forgot to add "Cannot transport animals/villagers or items."

Yes, I find it ironic that some members (or are they now former members?) of the community have been pretty desperate for Tekkit, whereas the T9K server has actually taken steps backwards in terms of technical things by preventing use of minecarts for things like that, and by limiting redstone. It's not that the restrictions make me not want to play on the server any more (and even if they did, I don't flatter myself to think that anyone would care), but I'd prefer that they weren't there - I'd like to be able to move stuff by rail too, I find it a nice challenge.

I've also found that while in a cart if you hold down w you'll actually travel faster than someone not holding it. This adds up over time and can safe you time as well.

Back