Minecon 2013

Fdbl

Minecon 2013 location has been revealed to be Orlando, Florida. On November the 2nd and 3rd.
Ticket and hotel room sales are confirmed to start in July.
If any news comes out I'll post it here.

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this, but I truly don't understand the hype of minecon. It is an entire convention to showcase minecraft, a pixelated game, which, while enjoyable in the right setting, but should not have it's own convention. I consider the golden days of minecraft to be long over (Enchantments and Pots killed minecraft for me.) Why is everyone so hyped up to go to the convention?

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this, but I truly don't understand the hype of minecon. It is an entire convention to showcase minecraft, a pixelated game, which, while enjoyable in the right setting, but should not have it's own convention. I consider the golden days of minecraft to be long over (Enchantments and Pots killed minecraft for me.) Why is everyone so hyped up to go to the convention?
Because everyone is actually twelve,
Even you and I

add me on Xbox Live my name is xXx_FagTsc0p3-1324_xXx

See that is my birthday weekend so this is totally going to happen if I can work around my schedule.

There saying that it could be like last year. early bird deal 99$ then its 129$? I don't know, that want there saying. Hopefully Woot will organize the tickets and hotels like last year.

is woot even going to go to this? PAX is the big convention that everyone here strives to make it to, minecon will probably be a lot smaller....and so far they don't even have a page up to let people know what vendors or speakers will even be showing up for the event....I may show up in orlando....but I may take a pass on the convention.....especially if it is over $100 to get in....kinda a steep price.

I fail to see why Minecon is so popular ¤_¤
Someone please explain other than "minecraft is an amazing game and it gets people together to talk about it". I mean yeah, its cool and all that people meet for Minecraft but it seems very insignificant compared to Pax or E3
Edit: oops someone already ranted about it

Back