• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft 1.5 causing extreme problems?

TheXraptor

Well, during Minecraft 1.4 I had Misa's texture pack, easy minecart transportation, and could join the server reliably. What happened?

First off, after 1.5 I lost the ability to use all texture packs (I installed the texture packs the EXACT same way I installed them during 1.4). If I place or destroy a block, the game crashes.

Problem number two, minecart transportation went from difficult to impossible for me. Now not only do I fall through the floor and lose half a heart, I teleport back to where I started. This has made minecart travel impossible for me, as it is pointless, I always travel back to where I started.

Last, 1.5 has caused MAJOR problems for me when it comes to joining the server. Half of the time it will tell me I have a bad login, and then I will try again and it will say "End of stream". I don't know why this happens, but it never happened before 1.5.

Weather just flat out lags the crap out of me, puts my vision in the toilet, and usually glitches so that it goes on forever unless I relog (and sometimes when I relog problem 3 happens).

Is anyone else having these problems? I never got them until crappy 1.5 came out.

NOTE: This post was not intended to be a complaint post (as I know somebody will tell me to call whine-one-one), but to ask a question about serious problems I am getting.

I did have a problom i couldn't build in my freinds server so i had to remove .minecraft :eek: now it says bad login on mcs.team9000.net...

- It's a known bug with 1.5 that the minecarts/boats are bugged. I destroy them before I dismount so I don't teleport back to spawn. I have been outside of my minecart riding it before tho, I'm sure that was just lag :confused: ...

- I do get the bad login a lot, I just close it all out and retype my username and password and then it lets me in. Haven't had the "End of Steam" yet.

- Weather, rain bugs me at night because it's so dark. I've got Misa's HD as well and the ground over all is dark at night, I have a problem traveling and usually fall in a hole :/

I generally delete the Minecraft program and folder and just re-download it off minecraft.net

Most of these issues Notch plans to fix in 1.6 whenever that comes out.

Minecraft is now crashing without texture packs. If I break or place a block, the game crashes, texture pack or no texture pack. I HATE 1.5!
:fuuu:

Back