• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Changes Discussion Thread

Upcoming Long-Term Survival

Whitelist managed by chosen community members

Firethorn system returns!!!!
VKfTG.gif

I really like the direction the server's going. Everything that I would want on a Minecraft server is finally on Team9000's. Creative with a good plot system, and A survival world without complicated plugins. The only thing I could think of is adding an @<playername> messaging system. Getting used to /msg is tough.

All placed vehicles are automatically entered and picked up on exit

I foresee issues with the automatic entering, leaving and picking up of minecarts. One of the uses people have for them is for the transport of animals like villagers, pigs, etc. Perhaps it should not be server wide, but only for Creative? I mean, there really is not point in restricting the usage of minecarts outside of Creative, where they can be spammed and cause lag.

Creative world now has /warp <projectID>
Additional creative plots can now be purchased through the MC.Team9000 portal using credits

Redstone is now permitted in limited quantities. The server will automatically break circuits which it deems to be too intensive (this includes any form of clock).

Redstone is now permitted in limited quantities. The server will automatically break circuits which it deems to be too intensive (this includes any form of clock).
I think your limits are set too low. My delay circuit that only involves 15 repeaters breaks at 8. This is a very non-intensive circuit that is manually toggled, and takes less than 10 seconds to complete.

I think redstone situations should be handled on a case-by-case basis. Some people want to make very useful contraptions, while some may wish to make massive lag-o-trons, that do deserve to be destroyed.

So what's the story with redstone, I assume every time there's a state change, the server has to send out a chunk update maybe? I guess if that is the case, that'd explain why clocks are unpopular!

Had some problems with blocks dissapearing right after i discovered them, fully light them and even tap them.
oreob.PNG spawner.PNG

Yeah. I found some wood on STS, I was all like, "YEAAAH!". Then I mined it, and it turned to stone.
I felt like Medusa for .2 seconds.

To all of you people going on about blocks disappearing after touching them that is probably Orebsfucator, the server's anti-x-ray plugin.

Back