• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Classic / T9K - PuRe

PuRe2K12

Hey everyone some of you will know me, i am PuRe2K12 and i have played on the team900 classic server since last may, but i really dont feel like ive played on this server since December. I remember when i was engineer i noticed alot of people would get awesome and rarely be seen i promised not to ever become of those people but oddly enough as it happens to everyone, it happened to me. I appreciate, the opportunity given to me to be an awesome ranked player and i would like to apologize to the Epics of the classic server for failing to properly do my job, as i was always elsewhere and rarely online.

From the summer months of june to august, i had about 320 hours and thats 3 months. Since then i have added about 400 more hours in 8 months which is horrible, i would like to tell you guys why i havent been around much and what i plan to do about it. As some of you do know i co own a classic server (im not advertising in any way). My time there since September has consumed all of my time. Although the server i help run is special to me, I consider Team9000 to be the best classic server there is. I am so lucky that this was the first server i ever joined and i got to make it to awesome.

The other day when i was on my server i noticed i had 938 hours, and it made my really sad, because on Team9000 i noly have 763.5! When i saw i had more hours on my own server i noticed i abandoned t9k in pursuit of running another server and i felt really bad. Because the Epics put alot of trust in the people they promote to awesome and alot of them end up disappearing like i did, and it dosent look good for any of us when people they promote disappear, i know it from experience trying to kep our server staffed.

The server i helped run is self sustaining and dosent need me anymore, and from here on out i would like to actually take advantage of the great power given to me as an awesome ranked player. I said a long time ago i wanted to be able to make an impact on the classic server and i made a small dent by making it to awesome but that has since been buffered out.

I have always considered this the server where i started. I learned everything i know about the game form the admins on this server. For getting your roots is the easiest way to be lost forever. I always want to be apart of this server and thats pretty much what i have done.

I have learned alot since i got awesome about how to moderate and deal with people. I look forward to be able to come back and handle situations differently then ive been able too in the past. I think my new skillset is almost like a new start for me on this server.

i till am very busy with my classes but my finals and projects will be over the week of may 14th, which is why i am announcing that i will be leaving the server i co own to come back to Team9000 full time to be a part of the staff team i should have continued to support.

I hope that the epics will consider my apology, to be honest im surprised i was not demoted for not living up to the expectations of the staff. Being in their position i probably would have gotten rid of me.

Getting ranked Engineer thats to Casham and ranked Awesome thanks to Akamus has actually meant alot more to be then you might think, especially since how rare an opportunity it is to staff on a server like this. I was so shocked both times i swear i would have a heart attack any minute. Which to me shows theres something to this server that i badly need to be apart of again :)

Thank you guys for reading this

~PuRe2K12

also the 763.5 at the end is a fail i posted my hours in the box so i wouldnt forget it and forgot to remove it.

As much as we love to have a staffed server, we always try to stress on the fact that it is NOT a requirement to moderate. You have no required responsibility to the server, and we don't want you to think that when you are part of the staff, you have to stop doing things. While you were dedicated to another server for a time, I hope to see you around more often so that we can play awesome video games and just have a good time, as I wish with everyone here. This is first and foremost a gaming community, not a job.

+1 at what casey said; also: Don't cross the line between dedication and obsession. Don't let being part of the staff impede on your real life. Chill out, Theres enough awesomes to keep things under control at any given point in time making the need for people to spend crazy amounts of time online pretty redundant as it just isn't necessary.

Well i understand all that but i want to be a bigger part of the server then i have. Ive had a big opportunity to be here and i just haven't bee.

I have those same feelings at times when I feel I have been scarce from the awesome place that t9k is..but like casey said, its not a job, and real life should always trump it. I have also been slacking and as soon as things calm down on my end, you will see me on the various servers and taking part in random game nights. T9K appreciates its members and we all realize that a lot of the members here have lives, so dont feel down about it, and if you do, easy remedy is to throw yourself into activity.

Main point is, have fun. If not, you shouldn't moderate.
It's all about enjoying it :)

point i want to make clear to people is im not choosing Team9000, over my actual life or things that are more important then minecraft. im talking about where i spend my free time.

What casey said and I mean hell I'm an epic and even I took a long break from the server because of personal things it happens man it isn't an issue do what you need to do. I mean once Diablo 3 comes out I'll be dead to the world again.

Back