• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Classic

wolfkite

Classic should get an upgrade to sand falls water moves and other stuff. It needs it and other stuff like /gun and other fun things. It should bring in new people and classic should get a huge /gun area so it like ctf it should rock if you do it. Please think about this because i think some new things will make classic better.

As interesting as those ideas may sound, I do not think administration possess the ability to update and/or change the outdated classic version of minecraft in such a way.
well you see they can change settings i think it is physics. It would make the world better.

well you see they can change settings i think it is physics. It would make the world better.
indeed it is possible to allow water/lava movement, but they're disabled for a reason which is to prevent grief :)
also if they were enabled water/lava elevators/doorways would be impossible, same as underwater entrances to rooms etc :)

indeed it is possible to allow water/lava movement, but they're disabled for a reason which is to prevent grief :)
also if they were enabled water/lava elevators/doorways would be impossible, same as underwater entrances to rooms etc :)
well the server could add more commands for cool + yo make stuff still rem so think :alien: :mad:

well the server could add more commands for cool + yo make stuff still rem so think :alien: :mad:

And what commands did you have in mind. Trust me, we have been through this over the years, there is a reason everything is set up the way it is. Don't get me wrong, you may have a good idea, but don't get your hopes to far up as it may have already been considered.

And what commands did you have in mind. Trust me, we have been through this over the years, there is a reason everything is set up the way it is. Don't get me wrong, you may have a good idea, but don't get your hopes to far up as it may have already been considered.
i know but ideas are how everything started how isnt it so think about it

Lol, that's what I am asking. I can't think about your ideas if you haven't presented them yet. You mentioned new commands for cool+, but that's already been considered, so if you have any ideas, let us know. We won;t shoot anything down without giving you a reason.

The only command I have ever thought of being added to the Classic server ever was a /door command. Then I realized how it would almost never be used effectively and would be more of a nuisance overall. There's really no commands / mods / whatever you want to call them that could be added and would be used effectively and not cause problems. In my opinion, the server is already set up perfectly. Woot can't do anything to make it better without causing problems.

The only command I have ever thought of being added to the Classic server ever was a /door command. Then I realized how it would almost never be used effectively and would be more of a nuisance overall. There's really no commands / mods / whatever you want to call them that could be added and would be used effectively and not cause problems. In my opinion, the server is already set up perfectly. Woot can't do anything to make it better without causing problems.

Pretty much sums it up, but of course we are still always open to ideas.

actually door command is quite simple so the server should have it

It wouldn't be used effectively if we did have it though. And Guests that have been on the server for a while would get frustrated if they didn't have it / had limited block usage.

It wouldn't be used effectively if we did have it though. And Guests that have been on the server for a while would get frustrated if they didn't have it / had limited block usage.
limited no i never said that u type /door it places a door type block u break it walk in and poof it fixes it self

It would be dumb to give players an unlimited amount of door blocks to use. It could lag the server to a crawl.

limited no i never said that u type /door it places a door type block u break it walk in and poof it fixes it self

That seems kind of...pointless. All it would provide would be aesthetics to a build possibly, but lack any real functionality. Classic's commands are very functional in their design and usage and only help the user with building or patrolling for grief and the like. Maybe I'm being too curmudgeonly about the idea of a /door command, but I don't think so. I'm thinking about how cool+ users can use the /water and /lava commands for their builds, and maybe /door could be implemented the same way, but I'm not even sure doors are an item block available in the Classic game.

It would be dumb to give players an unlimited amount of door blocks to use. It could lag the server to a crawl.

Not really. It would probably take several hundred users all using a /door block at the same time for there to be noticeable lag on the server. When someone is banned and their work is reverted, it takes several thousand blocks being reverted for there to be any noticeable lag, and it's only for a second or two.

That seems kind of...pointless. All it would provide would be aesthetics to a build possibly, but lack any real functionality. Classic's commands are very functional in their design and usage and only help the user with building or patrolling for grief and the like. Maybe I'm being too curmudgeonly about the idea of a /door command, but I don't think so. I'm thinking about how cool+ users can use the /water and /lava commands for their builds, and maybe /door could be implemented the same way, but I'm not even sure doors are an item block available in the Classic game.

Not really. It would probably take several hundred users all using a /door block at the same time for there to be noticeable lag on the server. When someone is banned and their work is reverted, it takes several thousand blocks being reverted for there to be any noticeable lag, and it's only for a second or two.
well i agree with u kind of it wouldnt be bad but i mean u r right like only builder or engi+ should have it but i mean i know people who have premuim but they just dont like it but like classic :mad: and i have talked to them and asked y they like classic so much 75% of the group i talked to said they like it cause of the intresting doors and diffrent commands that make the game fun but the owner should think about it it all comes down to him in the end

The only way this is going to happen is if the creators of fCraft (the software which the server is running on) make the following changes, and, unfortunately for these suggestions so far, there is no hint of a /door command being added anytime soon.

There is way for this to happen, but woot would have to switch the team9000 classic server from fcraft, to 800craft (I use 800craft) 800craft is a nodded version of fcraft and has lots more commands, and even profanity blocking

There is way for this to happen, but woot would have to switch the team9000 classic server from fcraft, to 800craft (I use 800craft) 800craft is a nodded version of fcraft and has lots more commands, and even profanity blocking

This has been discussed before. We do not want the commands or profanity blocking.

Back