• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Connection Issues?

Lukeperson6

I am getting a bug , that whenever I try to connect to ANY server, it gives me an error message saying "Failed to login: Error". need some help.

I'd suggest checking mojang.com first if you find that you cannot hit Survival or Classic -rarely are both servers down at the same time. Ssounds like it's a Session server issue - Molstam tweeted "Session server seems to be somewhat moody. CLEANSE THE BUGS" so yeah...

Same thing's happening to me. More people have logged in since it first started happening too, so either it's just happening in patches or it's only affecting some people.

when i try and log onto any server i get a message which says connection lost failed to logon: error i know minecraft.net is down but dont know why its only happening to me if it is to do with minecraft.net

Attachments

• failed to logon.jpg
    failed to logon.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 126
Yeah, I just kept trying and it ended up working. Melelos said he removed the server from his list and readded it, which seemed to fix it, so give that a go.
I readded the server, then tried it a few times, still doesn't work :(

The Minecraft session server has been wonky all day.

- At first it was just giving the Failed to Login: Error message
- Later it was just timing out with a took to long to log in message
- Currently it's giving a java.IO error message that, at least (finally), indicates that it is the http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver.jsp script breaking.

There's really not much to do about it. We need the Minecraft servers themselves working before we can reliably log in.
Earlier if you just kept trying you'd eventually get in. It didn't really appear to be a 1 in 10 gets in type scenario... just that once in a rare while it'd "catch" and you'd get in. Now it looks more broken. I'm guessing it's broken, Mojang knows, and is trying to fix it but it is just more broken as they work on it for the moment.

If you do manage to log in your best bet is to stay logged in as once you log out you're likely stuck playing the "lets randomly try and log in again" game until this is fixed. (which is going to make those automated restarts a real pain until this is fixed... but it would be worse without them so... we just deal with it for now)

The Minecraft session server has been wonky all day.

- At first it was just giving the Failed to Login: Error message
- Later it was just timing out with a took to long to log in message
- Currently it's giving a java.IO error message that, at least (finally), indicates that it is the http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver.jsp script breaking.

There's really not much to do about it. We need the Minecraft servers themselves working before we can reliably log in.
Earlier if you just kept trying you'd eventually get in. It didn't really appear to be a 1 in 10 gets in type scenario... just that once in a rare while it'd "catch" and you'd get in. Now it looks more broken. I'm guessing it's broken, Mojang knows, and is trying to fix it but it is just more broken as they work on it for the moment.

If you do manage to log in your best bet is to stay logged in as once you log out you're likely stuck playing the "lets randomly try and log in again" game until this is fixed. (which is going to make those automated restarts a real pain until this is fixed... but it would be worse without them so... we just deal with it for now)
Thanks Teircen, that explains a lot :)

The server's restarting now anyway, so we might all be locked out again too. Woo :D
Edit: Yup, I can't get back in and it's telling me nobody else can either.

ok now im getting multiple messages some are connection lost end of stream, connection lost refused to connect to server, connection lost internal exeption: java.net.socketexception:connection reset and now gone back to the java.IO message

Minecraft.net has been up and down the whole time this has been going on.
As soon as I got the first error (twice) I checked and saw Minecraft.net giving it's "Our servers are working a bit too hard" error message.
It comes up, from time to time, but that hasn't been a guarantee that you can connect. Related, sure, but not a giveaway that things are fixed.

Back