Minecraft LAN with a friend.

Noble

Howdey guys... I'm not very experienced with the whole servers thing. My friend and I want to do multiplayer creative-mode at his house tomorrow. I have not a clue what to do... All I want is for me and him to be able to play Creative mode on the same internet connection.

If anyone can help, a short walk-through would be much appericiated.

Cheers.

-Noble

No hamachi.

Download minecraft_server.exe and follow the instructions on the wiki.

When you both connect, use "localhost" as the server's address.

Done.

No hamachi.

Download minecraft_server.exe and follow the instructions on the wiki.

When the computer running the server connects, use "localhost" as the server's address.
The other computers playing, joins the computer running the servers internal ip address 192.168.0.X

Done.

Fixed :thumbsup:

Download minecraft_server.exe, run it, go to multiplayer, add server, type localhost as the address... One problem. Minecraft.net is down and I can't download the server.exe... is there any possible way for you to post or send me the files required? :3

EDIT: Internal Ip can be found by using IP Chicken?... Or is the internal IP when you use cmd prompt and type "ipconfig" and blah blah?

Download minecraft_server.exe, run it, go to multiplayer, add server, type localhost as the address... One problem. Minecraft.net is down and I can't download the server.exe... is there any possible way for you to post or send me the files required? :3
I could...

but then the legality issues come into play :/

So you're telling me you're going to LAN, but you're not going to play Quake 3: Arena OR Diablo 2? You have problems.

ANYWAY do what cacher said here
fail

cmd prompt

ipconfig /all

look for your internal IP (usually starts with 192.168.0._)
It's LAN so you don't need to know your public IP.

if Minecraft.net is down, authentication must be down too, so you wouldn't be able to sign in under your accounts.

Back