• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Mod development help.

CaptainGinyu

Lately, I've been exploring the magical world of making mods for Minecraft with java. Its been going really well, even down to the point where I can make a new and completely unique block/item in less than 15 minutes. The one problem I'm having (and maybe the easiest part of modding) is naming the block/item. It has a name, it just doesn't show up when you hover over it with your mouse ingame. It's very simple to name, just edit the en_US.lang file in MCP/temp/bin/minecraft/lang folder by adding 2 lines of code similar to this:
Code:
tile.stone.name=Stone
tile.stone.desc=
I know that the code is fine, but now I'm out of ideas on how to correct this. Please help!

You need to paste the lang folder to '/mcp/bin/minecraft' the same needs to be done with terrain.png if you want to add your own textures.

I can make the textures work for new blocks I've added, I just have to edit the terrain.png in the temp and jar folders. If I try to do the same thing with naming blocks, editing the en_US.lang file in the temp folder works but doesn't solve my problem. Editing the one in the jars folder screws up the start client but it still recompiles fine.

Back