• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecraft Power Save Mode Issue

KILLZ1996

Hello guys, I am a builder in T9K's classic server, and I needed help with a problem that I have with my computer, whenever I start up WOM (World of Minecraft) Client or play a server in the minecraft website, the monitor always goes to power save mode. This problem has bin happening for almost a month, since I came back to minecraft and tried to find many solutions, from changing the power save plan in advanced settings to resetting the monitor in factory default mode. Still there is no result, I am thinking it is a problem with my computer, I have spared a few bucks for components to upgrade my computer if needed, and if it can fix this problem, I dont know which components are needed to upgrade to fix the monitor powersave issue, Thats why i decided to make this post in T9K because a lot of people here know stuff about computers!

Please let me know
Thanks

Is the issue simply that you want to turn off monitor power-saving? What version of windows?

Windows 7 32-bit . I don't know how to do that, if you let me know ill try it. If it doesnt work, ill continue looking.!

Windows 7 32-bit . I don't know how to do that, if you let me know ill try it. If it doesnt work, ill continue looking.!

Control Panel -> Power -> Choose when to turn off the display (on the left side)

I dont know, the screen goes black and a blue box comes saying "Entering Power Save Mode" and the computer is still on, and everything in the computer is working, except the screen is blank. Ive tried many things like typing various function buttons on my keyboard, disconnecting the DVI cable and reinserting it, it says going to powersavemode and i fix it by restarting that computer, whenever it restarts the computer monitor starts acting normal again, and then when i go back to classic wom, it works for like 5-10 minutes and then goes blank again.

I dont know, the screen goes black and a blue box comes saying "Entering Power Save Mode" and the computer is still on, and everything in the computer is working, except the screen is blank. Ive tried many things like typing various function buttons on my keyboard, disconnecting the DVI cable and reinserting it, it says going to powersavemode and i fix it by restarting that computer, whenever it restarts the computer monitor starts acting normal again, and then when i go back to classic wom, it works for like 5-10 minutes and then goes blank again.

Sounds like your graphics driver is crashing. What type of graphics card (or is it integrated?) are you running?

It was included when i bought the pc, its this ATi radeon x600 graphic card, seemed pretty old when i opened the case for a cleaning. it is updated to its latest .. I was actually thinking that GPU must be the problem.

what do you think of this card? do you think its an upgrade and will it work good with my pc and minecraft with no FOG? let me know thanks

previous - ati radeon x600
upgrade - EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB DDR3 PCI-E Video Card

The thing im worried about is that if my motherboard has pci-e slots in it. let me know! thanks for the help

It was included when i bought the pc, its this ATi radeon x600 graphic card, seemed pretty old when i opened the case for a cleaning. it is updated to its latest .. I was actually thinking that GPU must be the problem.

what do you think of this card? do you think its an upgrade and will it work good with my pc and minecraft with no FOG? let me know thanks

previous - ati radeon x600
upgrade - EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB DDR3 PCI-E Video Card

The thing im worried about is that if my motherboard has pci-e slots in it. let me know! thanks for the help

Have you actually updated your ATI drivers recently? From the ATI website?

before the updates minecraft wasnt even working, so i upgraded it like 2 weeks ago and it started working, thats when i found out about the psm problem.

Back