Minecraft Themed Wedding

Marioman543216

Seen one wedding, seen 'em all, right? Wrong. Matt Dunn and Asia Ramirez recently tied the knot at their Minecraft-themed wedding.

The wedding and reception were lovingly captured by Sacramento photographers Lisa and Geoff Bardot of the Goodness. While themed weddings are nothing new, we think it's safe to say Matt and Asia took theirs to a whole other level. There were Minecraft-style block figures of ducks, dogs, and more. Asia wore a "diamond necklace" inspired by the bricktacular game. Similarly, the groom's tie was inspired by Minecraft. The party was a team effort. Friends helped to paint the 100+ cardboard boxes used for trees and a cave.

[Related: Indie hit Minecraft about to get blockier]

Matt and Asia first met in church, but quickly built a house together. Well, kind of. The house they created was in the wild world of Minecraft and helped bring them closer together. We spoke with Matt about his big day and how Minecraft brought him to his bride.

"I will never forget the very first time Asia and I joined a game of Minecraft together," Matt said. "We were just standing there, in awe of this beautiful eight-bit world before us. But we quickly started searching for a place to build a house. I told Asia that the 'bad guys come out at night,' and having seen me play the game previously, she didn't want to waste any time getting shelter. We found a nice spot overlooking a cove -- Asia picked it for the view -- and we immediately made a crude house out of dirt and wood." Credit to Yahoo! For the Whole big Story

Pictures:
minecraft-wedding-1.jpg

MA_Minecraft_Wedding_The_Goodness-016-thumb.jpg

Who wants cake? :3
MA_Minecraft_Wedding_The_Goodness-311-thumb-580x386.jpg

Back