• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minimal config for smooth play.

Laharal

Ohai!

I'm curious about people's config for running a smooth game in Mc survival.

I-e I'd like to know your RAM and if you dedicated more than one GB to minecraft via tweaks. I want to get down to the minimal ''smooth running'' (without major lags, no fps crashing) config.

I got only 2 gigs, 1 dedicated to Mc and it went fine until 1 or 2 days ago. Someone told me that there might be some issues server-side but I know that only a few people experience probs near farms. Thus, a slight upgrade on my side might mitigate most of my problems.

P.S. Is anything as important as Ram for running a java game like MC ?

I got 8 gigs of ram, and mc manage to lag now and then and eat giant chunks of it, but thats mostly if I left it open for several days!
In my experience, mc can easily go up to like 1,4-1,6 gig, but I havnt really bothered checking alot

My PC is fairly old now, I built it about 3-4 years ago I think.

Windows 7/8 64-bit with 4GB of RAM. I noticed a decent improvement in MC performance going from Win7 32-bit to 64-bit. It also lifted the ~3GB allocation issue with 32-bit and allowed me to use my entire 4GBs.

If your system uses DDR2/DDR3 you should consider adding more RAM if your OS can take advantage of it, it's so cheap right now.

install Optifine... it helps a lot coz you can turn off weather,
turn animations off, turn fog off, turn particles off, turn on off,
the less things the game has to load the faster your fps will be :p

Back