Missing Quadcopter! (V303 Drone)

Bored

Sooo I was doing some calibration on my dad's drone and when doing some test flights with the gimbal installed it was shaking pretty roughly. That in turn combined with the low lying branches made for a hell of a time of the copter hitting a branch and losing all control of it. Tried the return to home feature and it showed on the copter that the signal was received but the copter simply went straight up from near launch site (guessing the collision messed up the magnetic compass.)

Anyways tl:dr quadcopter shot up to above the clouds at a low wind part of the day and disappeared out of sight.

Why am I posting this on here? IF ANYONE RECOVERS IT AND WATCHES THROUGH THE VIDEOS I REFERENCED MY T9K HOODIE THAT I WAS WEARING. And hopefully that would direct them to this site (advertising much?) And I would really like to have said copter returned as we were gonna use it for recording family events and such.

Stats:

Model: Wltoys V303 Seeker (White body with blue/red indicator lights/stripes)
Gimbal: WL brushless 2D gimbal
Camera: GoPro Hero 3

Please contact me via private message if any info available.

~Bored

Stock Image (similar gimbal)
Quadcopter_RC_V303_SEEKER_WLTOYS_GPS_RTF.jpg

I assumed that Drones came with tracking software or there is tracking software available online. I'm assuming you've tried tracking it already?

I assumed that Drones came with tracking software or there is tracking software available online. I'm assuming you've tried tracking it already?
The GPS/magnetic compass is pretty much what caused the situation in the first place with it flying straight up, and to the best of my knowledge the gps on the unit is used for flight purposes only. GoPro has wifi connection for the app but I had wifi turned off to conserve power and I don't have my dad's password for the camera. Also battery was probably extremely drained for it's rapid ascent and the gimbal motors constantly shaking.

The GPS/magnetic compass is pretty much what caused the situation in the first place with it flying straight up, and to the best of my knowledge the gps on the unit is used for flight purposes only. GoPro has wifi connection for the app but I had wifi turned off to conserve power and I don't have my dad's password for the camera. Also battery was probably extremely drained for it's rapid ascent and the gimbal motors constantly shaking.

Well, that sucks. Considering I live down under I don't think I'll be of any help. Hopefully you manage to somehow come into possession of the Drone again.

View attachment 144449

Not trying to be a butt at all, but I think this has taught us all that you should take the extras off of your drone before you do test flights and etc. Just in case the aliens decide to sex-tent your compass and put extra P in your GPS. <3

Well I already had it calibrated without the gimbal and did all test flights for battery life, hovering, return to home automated landing, control disconnect, etc. and all tests came up passed as the drone was doing quite well. After all that was done I needed to do calibration on the gimbal equipment and it was doing fine for the most part until it got a horrible shake and hit a damn branch that sent it bugging out into the sky without responding to return to home signal and manual shutdown on the controller... Common occurrence called "flyaway" for drones, even the 15k drones can have this random issue that will send it drifting or worse...

Back