• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Mob limit plugin and pets

StTheo

I just noticed that two kittens of mine seemed to have disappeared when I tried to get my older cats to breed. I only had 4 cats. What if I had walked near someone else's cat, and the plugin killed one of theirs? Does the same thing happen with wolves?

The mob limits have gotten completely ridiculous. You have to create elaborate contraptions to move certain mobs into other chunks, pigs have practically gone extinct, and now even our pets are at risk from other people's pets! Can we please get rid of this destructive plugin? If players are creating ridiculously large mob farms, why can't we just deal with the individual players instead of ruining it for everyone else? Why does the plugin have to kill the mobs, instead of just preventing their breeding (like it used to)?

If players are creating ridiculously large mob farms, why can't we just deal with the individual players instead of ruining it for everyone else?

This, so much this. Why can't large, laggy mob farms be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, as it should in conjunction with redstone? It may require a bit more effort on the part of admins, but these restrictions are causing unhappiness when they restrict the ability to obtain enchants and the ability to simply play the game as it was meant to.

This, so much this. Why can't large, laggy mob farms be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, as it should in conjunction with redstone? It may require a bit more effort on the part of admins, but these restrictions are causing unhappiness when they restrict the ability to obtain enchants and the ability to simply play the game as it was meant to.

This. And also we're pretty good as a community at:
1) Moderating each other and encouraging each other to play by the rules;
2) Reporting rule-breakers on the forum,
So it wouldn't really require a considerable amount of extra effort from admins.

Our mob limiting plugin does not remove animals. If animals are being removed, it's a glitch somewhere.

Our mob limiting plugin does not remove animals. If animals are being removed, it's a glitch somewhere.
Then there's a glitch. I've had half a dozen kittens disappear. I even heard of a person losing a pig while they were riding on it.

Then there's a glitch. I've had half a dozen kittens disappear. I even heard of a person losing a pig while they were riding on it.
Kittens seem to be despawning more than other things do. I had tamed a few earlier today, kept far away from other mobs that I own, and they all despawned.

I will vouch on the pig disappearing whilst riding, I saw it happen to Xecutioner.

I had three pigs placed in a fenced in a Pen last night right before server restart. Right after the server was back up the pigs were gone... Leaving us with only sadness...

So much porky sadness.. I loveded you piggeh.. I loveded you..
sad_gir_missing_piggy_by_his_princess.jpg

Is anything going to be done about the glitch? Perhaps remove the limiter in the first place in order to see if that isn't the source of the glitch?
Personally, I'd like to see it removed period. Deal with stupidly laggy mob farms on a case-by-case basis - hopefully previous offenders have learned from their offense and the only people doing it will be noobs and/or people who deliberately go far away from other players to do what they do. We have the staff power to deal with it this way now.

Personally, I'd like to see it removed period. Deal with stupidly laggy mob farms on a case-by-case basis - hopefully previous offenders have learned from their offense and the only people doing it will be noobs and/or people who deliberately go far away from other players to do what they do. We have the staff power to deal with it this way now.
Bump.

Cause' you know. Austalian's.

Looks like this plugin has prevented any new mobs from spawning in the freshly expanded LTS world. I've been scouring a massive plains biome for mobs to breed, but none have been found.

Looks like this plugin has prevented any new mobs from spawning in the freshly expanded LTS world. I've been scouring a massive plains biome for mobs to breed, but none have been found.
The world expanded? Also, it seems the map isn't working.

To keep noobs from making massive farms, could we simply disable it on the LTS world. Most people on the LTS world are only there because they've been with T9K long enough to know better, are well known around T9K, or are being vouched for by several of the well known members.

Back