• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Mod Spotlight - Episode 1: Clay Soldiers

What mod should I spotlight next?

• Mo' Creatures

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Aether

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Vehicles

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pyrofiredelta

Heres the Clay Soldiers mod by KodaichiZero

What if there were small figures made of clay that will fit in your hand and will go into war in your own backyard? What if they used leather for armor? Sticks as weapons? Dirt horses as mounts? Those are all in the Clay Soldiers mod.

First we need a nice area to battle, why not here?
2011-08-09_02.19.19.png

Now we need to craft our soldiers, you can do so by placing a Clay Block below a Soul Sand to create 4 soldiers.
2011-08-09_02.07.46.png

Now lets color them, u can do this by placing a dye above a soldier to make them that colored team, notice all the possible colors in my inventory.2011-08-09_02.08.45.png
To create a Dirt horse, put 4 dirt and a soul sand in the form here:
2011-08-09_02.09.30.png

If the battle gets out of control, we need a self-destruct switch, as seen here:
2011-08-09_02.10.39.png

Lets put our soldiers to battle!
2011-08-09_02.20.25.png
2011-08-09_02.20.39.png
2011-08-09_02.21.08.png
2011-08-09_02.24.07.png

There are also ways to customize your soldiers, Lets use for this demo, Jimmy (epic random name :D)
2011-08-09_02.28.19.png

Now, lets make jimmy a leader, we make him one by giving him a gold ingot, leaders wear golden crowns and are the main target of enemies.
2011-08-09_02.28.43.png
2011-08-09_02.28.59.png

You can also give soldiers glowstone dust to allow them to glow in the dark.
2011-08-09_02.29.32.png

Lets prepare jimmy for battle! giving them sticks and leather gives them weapons and armor
2011-08-09_02.30.00.png
2011-08-09_02.30.07.png

These can be enhanced by adding wool and flint to sharpen their sticks, and pad their armor.
2011-08-09_02.32.18.png

soldiers can also carry food to heal themselves in combat.
2011-08-09_02.30.26.png

Lets put "jimmy" in combat, i spawned a red soldier to battle jimmy!
2011-08-09_02.32.39.png
2011-08-09_02.32.43.png
2011-08-09_02.32.47.png

Now lets give Jimmy a squad, you can spawn an entire stack of 16 soldiers with 1 click. we also gave them dirt horses to mount.
2011-08-09_02.33.20.png

Lets put our soldiers to the test! i spawned a squad of enemy soldiers, lets see if jimmy and the others survive!
2011-08-09_02.33.43.png
2011-08-09_02.34.15.png

unfortunatly, jimmy lost his stead and his supplies, but with some extra help, they drove off the reds.
but with the battle ended, lets wipe them out with our clay disruptor
2011-08-09_02.15.00.png

Note: that is not the nether, that is the image that pops up when the disruptor is used.

(like the post for epic cheesiness!)
There are a few other bonuses, those include sulfer making them "creeper soldiers" and surgar making them really fast. giving them clay allows them to bring back the "dead"
redstone "blinds" the opponant
and last, but not least, slime balls glue the opponent to the ground.

Downloads and other info on Koda's Clay Soldiers mod can be found here: http://t9k.me/Oe

Overall, this is a great mod when u want some entertainment, or perhaps they might release a multiplayer version so you can battle your friends!

i give this:
4 out of 5 Diamonds
I feel there should be more to it than dropping a crap load of items everywhere, and i would like to see castles and more items but its still extremely fun and entertaining, and watch your forces crush the other forces. I believe this to be a great mod, and i recommend it.

This is a solid review.Good job. Hopefully this can become one of those good recurring threads, like GTKAG.
This mod was my suggestion :3

Yeah, that would be nice, tho I wouldn't like to see the Aether in the next MS, because so many people have written about it. The same for Mo'Creatures, so many people have that mod, in every second Let's Play you see that mod, it just get's boring. That's why I voted for Vehicles, I have never ever heard of that mod, and I want to get to know it. :D

Very Good Review! I've never heard of this mod before, but now I really want to check it out!
Good job, man!

:D

Theres some like this like GTKAG or somthen else Luv it :D

Aether next please and does anyone know how to get Audiomod on 1.7.3?

I have had this mod for a while and love it! I would recommend it to anyone. Also, if you guys want to see the mod in action before you install it, CaptainSparkelez made a video on Clay Soldiers.

Nice mod and review, I'm currently working on a clay soldier assault course type of thing, only thing is its hard to encourage them to go the right way

Nice mod and review, I'm currently working on a clay soldier assault course type of thing, only thing is its hard to encourage them to go the right way
I was thinking of that tooo, like an Obstacle course. Soldiers always want to fight a leader soldier. if your having blue run the course, put red with a leader red in a glass box over the finish line.

Theres some like this like GTKAG or somthen else Luv it :D

Aether next please and does anyone know how to get Audiomod on 1.7.3?
If you have a mac, Huw_Evan's Modding Tool installs it like a charm.

I was thinking of that tooo, like an Obstacle course. Soldiers always want to fight a leader soldier. if your having blue run the course, put red with a leader red in a glass box over the finish line.

If you have a mac, Huw_Evan's Modding Tool installs it like a charm.
nvm got it working without 1.7.3 audiomod

i would us this mod but i have a pc and for some reason modloader dosnt work, i also dont wana break this one trying to dowload mdloader like i did on my old one
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for woodkeep!:dineinhell:
about killing death.png

This mod was my suggestion :3

Yeah, that would be nice, tho I wouldn't like to see the Aether in the next MS, because so many people have written about it. The same for Mo'Creatures, so many people have that mod, in every second Let's Play you see that mod, it just get's boring. That's why I voted for Vehicles, I have never ever heard of that mod, and I want to get to know it. :D
The vehicles mod is one of Flan's mods. vehicles includes jeeps, panzer IV tank, Sherman Tank, and kubelwagon

just so you know the general use of the mod :D

Back