• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

More Firethorn Teleporters?

I think that Firethorn should have more teleporters. Xankul has 3 (at least, I think?), so Firethorn should have as much. On near Briggs' house would be useful (somewhere near X-3000, Y-120, and Z-80 maybe), one near the right top corner, and one near the right bottom corner. A lot of people in the server have discussed this topic, and most people agree that we need teleporters.

PS, is the Z coordinate hight? If so, I'll remove it.

Ya, I have a perfect spot for one, on a cool tall hill, i'm going there with the sky rail that I have been building, once I get to that side of it, I can build a station there, then maybe a teleporter spot, or something like that.

Woot said that he'll be removing the /home command, and adding more portals to let us travel faster.
I would really like one somewhere in the east-middle of the map, on mine, Salfa's and Waffle's island. Its so quiet out there, it would be nice to have some more neighbours. :)

hmm, agreed.

Theres a server-side mod somewhere that lets you to make custom teleporters and connect them to other teleportes/portals. <----- Something like this would be nice.

I agree though, we do need more teleporters.

Woot will delete the /home command?!
It means I can only travel on day :confused:

And yes, so e more teleporters would be nice.

No home command
wtf-kitty.jpg

Isn't there a server mod to create custom portals, where you kind of label "A" and "B" sides? That way to create portals you would need to have 28 obsidian. This would also help with advertisement for the mall and anywhere else you would want people to congregate as you could just set up a portal near the spawn.

Isn't there a server mod to create custom portals, where you kind of label "A" and "B" sides? That way to create portals you would need to have 28 obsidian. This would also help with advertisement for the mall and anywhere else you would want people to congregate as you could just set up a portal near the spawn.

I second this. Good idea. But every user should be limited to 2-3, to prevent portal spamming. :p

There is going to be a new system added featuring "Grave yards".
These "Grave yards" will be scattered around the land.

There purpose? When you die you will spawn at the nearest "grave yard".

There will also be more portals added once Woot finishes updating things.

I agree that portals would make things alot easier to get to places, and I think graveyards would be a good system. But isn't half the fun of Beta travelling around in the wilderness? It's supposed to be survival, which is dangerous and dynamic, but portals would make it too easy to not venture out at all. I understand how much easier it would be to have some more portals but if you could make them in your own house, that would become boring I think.

graveyards...

Seriously....Sounds horrible.

I think we'd all prefer the mod for a-b portals, just not sure how you would be able to link them, say you had 1 (a) and 2 (b) portals, could you end up on the other side of a random portal?

Back