• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Mrbd Trading Post Applications

Name in Survival: Cathykiddo, of course!
Hours log-able: 4-5 hours everyday.
(You know me on mumble)
I would be a good worker because I like helping players (especially the new ones) and I want to be a very useful worker in the Team9000 beta community. I will assist in any way I can in the Trading Post. :)

This model of a trading post needs major improvement. First off people value different things at different levels, one person might love diamonds to death and another (like me) doesn't care to much for diamonds and is interested in more useful things like coal or iron.
A strict currency would be interesting to try but seems like it would fail without flexibility. And the prices definitely needs some tweaking as they are too general for the different items on sale.

However being resource manager of CE i am definitely interesting in something like this. Any idea where this will take place? maybe the marketplace in Eagle Pass?

I will probably be more of a customer than salesman as I am keen on buying things for the CE treasury and my current Cathedral Project, so I will hold off on the applying.

Gud Luck. :doy:

This model of a trading post needs major improvement. First off people value different things at different levels, one person might love diamonds to death and another (like me) doesn't care to much for diamonds and is interested in more useful things like coal or iron.
A strict currency would be interesting to try but seems like it would fail without flexibility. And the prices definitely needs some tweaking as they are too general for the different items on sale.

However being resource manager of CE i am definitely interesting in something like this. Any idea where this will take place? maybe the marketplace in Eagle Pass?

I will probably be more of a customer than salesman as I am keen on buying things for the CE treasury and my current Cathedral Project, so I will hold off on the applying.

Gud Luck. :doy:

"More useful things like coal or iron" What do you mean by that are you suggesting that I use coal as a currency?
For the flexibility on the currency what do you suggest? I not very interested in haggling because that would make it a deal for some players and a rip off for others. Your help seeing has you are a resource manager would be appreciated.

This is going to take place in a lot a little bigger than 16x16 thanks to Zakkon. Which I will build a personal HQ and sell in there. I was also seeing about getting one of those stands in the market. Also we will be setting up shop in Elm Creek

Name in Survival: Cathykiddo, of course!
Hours log-able: 4-5 hours everyday.
(You know me on mumble)
I would be a good worker because I like helping players (especially the new ones) and I want to be a very useful worker in the Team9000 beta community. I will assist in any way I can in the Trading Post. :)

Good App but what job are you applying for Kathy? Sorry I didnt clarify that I yet again edited the rules.

I would be happy with banker or collector... I could certainly stock up on wood, sand, dirt, etc. but banker would be fine as well.

Can I trade two stacks of wood for a diamond? A stack of wood for a stack of glass?

There you go I hope this answered your question. You may come in and trade/buy when we become fully open.

Trading Rules- You can trade one stack of primary for another stack of Primary, same for Secondary and for Specialty we aren't trading stack for stack it would be to costly.

Trading Rules- You can trade one stack of primary for another stack of Primary, same for Secondary and for Specialty we aren't trading stack for stack it would be to costly.

How about logs and sand as 1 logs can be converted into 4 planks and 4 sand can be converted into 1 sandstone. I would think you would rather have logs over planks as you can keep the logs you need and convert the rest into planks. Same with sand and sandstone.

How about logs and sand as 1 logs can be converted into 4 planks and 4 sand can be converted into 1 sandstone. I would think you would rather have logs over planks as you can keep the logs you need and convert the rest into planks. Same with sand and sandstone.

I don't really understand? What your asking here please rephrase. If your asking for trading logs and sand for diamond Im sorry we dont trade diamonds/iron and gold.

I would love to help but I never have the time to play SMP for more than an hour each day, and that's if I'm lucky.
Cathykiddo, don't take your 4-5 hours daily for granted, I would love to play SMP everyday!:doy:

I don't really understand? What your asking here please rephrase. If your asking for trading logs and sand for diamond Im sorry we dont trade diamonds/iron and gold.

So...wht not? The idea of trading basic goods that can be found throughout the world seems...odd. Having the ability to trade materails for more rare materials like diamond or gold makes more sense, it'd make it easier for people to obtain.

i think the whole point of the trading post is for basic construction materials, not rarer items. correct me if i'm mistaken, BD

Back