• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

MrFrog90's portfolio

it has been a while since i posted something i built. so here it is
screenshot_20120227025105.png

the baby bird was built by crogenitor_mario

Ok, my favorites are the new duck one and the R2D2 from the original post. Great builds Frog!

Ohai guys, got a new update for your eyes.
Here i have a Protoss Sentry from StarcraftII.
Enjoy~
screenshot_20120403220218.png
You might notice this is a rare sprite in my portfolio. This is the 1st sprite I completed by myself. If there are any tips on how to improve my skills, please share them with me. :)

Ohai guys, got a new update for your eyes.
Here i have a Protoss Sentry from StarcraftII.
Enjoy~
screenshot_20120403220218.png
You might notice this is a rare sprite in my portfolio. This is the 1st sprite I completed by myself. If there are any tips on how to improve my skills, please share them with me. :)

Nice.

I was never good at sprites myself. I heard most spritemakers use a program called SpriteCraft.

If you want to truly test your skills, experiment with shadowing to increase your color palette. What I mean by that is make a two layered sprite so that the shadow of one block falls on the underlying block. This allows you for example to get a darker shade of red.

The best sprite makers I know of are ChibaMasato, tbarius, and RoddaAU (rarely on).

Nice.

I was never good at sprites myself. I heard most spritemakers use a program called SpriteCraft.

If you want to truly test your skills, experiment with shadowing to increase your color palette. What I mean by that is make a two layered sprite so that the shadow of one block falls on the underlying block. This allows you for example to get a darker shade of red.

The best sprite makers I know of are ChibaMasato, tbarius, and RoddaAU (rarely on).
There's one more that is really, really good. His name is RaitheInsane. He got promoted to builder without making a single app.

Back