• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Mumble in a nutshell

what beese said, whenever i get on everyone's pretty much dead silent, i think only once i've heard a decent convo on there

I know right? It's so annoying having these goddamn crickets dominating the chat all the time! We should have Wooty ban them all. They never shut up!

I know right? It's so annoying having these goddamn crickets dominating the chat all the time! We should have Wooty ban them all. They never shut up!
I should make a mumble room, that plays nothing but Cricket Chrips.

But that's silly.

Back in the day everyone was always online and there would always be atleast two discussions going on. these days there is a max of one between a max of 3 people lol.

Oh I miss those old days...
Occasionally there would be about 4-5 laughs in each discussion. I miss them so much...
well communities also grow old...

I dunno what you're all talking about. Sure, the rooms full of people all doing their own thing or watching the videos are always silent; but whatever room I'm in usually has a decent flow going. Unless I'm coding, in which case I'm not actually paying attention to Mumble anyway.

I dunno what you're all talking about. Sure, the rooms full of people all doing their own thing or watching the videos are always silent; but whatever room I'm in usually has a decent flow going. Unless I'm coding, in which case I'm not actually paying attention to Mumble anyway.
this is a good point, however you cannot say that mumble now vs mumble a year ago is significantly different.

I cannot say that mumble now vs mumble a year ago is significantly different.
as if,

- tofurkey doesn't sound like a subwoofer anymore
- conrod isn't taking people aside into butlers pantry randomly for little admin chats
- butlers pantry isn't the afk capital run by thaprofessor
- minor inconvenience
- rileyper isn't flooding chats with incredibly hilarious pictures
- text-to-speech SWA-SWA-SWA-SWA-CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT-SWA-CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT-TILDA-TILDA-TILDA
- game rooms
- ninjadavid's voice changer! hahahaha
- chat was nice and not annoying.
- everyone was on.
- COOLKIDFREAKE

- rileyper isn't flooding chats with incredibly hilarious pictures

Seems you don't read chat very often ;)

- chat was nice and not annoying.

What does this mean?

- everyone was on.

I'm not really sure why so many people are saying this. Most of the people who say "nobody is ever on" seem to rarely be on themselves. Every time I join mumble, it's not difficult to find someone to talk to -- either via voice or in chat.

Back