My computer build.

Shepettan_Pride

So I made myself shop on my own, this is the best I could find with my budget. I'm technologically tarded so please point out any obvious mistakes in compatibility, this is my first build.

Build.JPG

Whoooooa boy. Dude, dude, That's not gonna work. Why do you have a AM3+ motherboard with an Intel Core i5 processor? It's not going to work man.

AM3+ is AMD processors. It's pretty much like putting a square peg through a round hole. It's not gonna work, and I hope you didn't buy this already.

I could go with the AMD bundle, but Id have to give up the headset.
Headsets are overrated. I'd personally do without and just get a cheap headset for now. Unless sound is very important to you, then by all means go ahead.

PS, if you go with the AMD set, here's a heatsink.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6101294&CatId=798

I don't remember if mine came with thermal-gel. But I'll tell you what.

Putting that heatsink on, was the biggest pain in my ass out of the whole process. There are a few guides you can read when it comes time to build your PC. Unless you want someone else to do it. Don't forget an anti-static wristband.

PPS: You can use that Nvidia card, but you won't be able to do crossfire. You need an AMD/ATI card for that.

That bundle has a fan included. Will that do or do I need another?
A fan is not a heatsink. A heatsink works by drawing the heat from the processor and disperses it in the case. A fan is usually attached to the heatsink like this one, to go and aid in drawing the heat away. I have a fan on my heatsink, and a CPU fan. Unless the bundle says it already came with a HEATSINK, you're going to need this.

Back