My new tennis obsession

David

So I'm officially starting a goal: learn to play tennis and make #1 rank on varsity. Any tips or helpful advice to help me?

Stretch a LOT. Maybe do yoga. Also, are you going for doubles or singles? If doubles, be VERY careful not to get your nose broken.

Possibly singles. Any mistakes youve made that I can avoid?
I played tennis for many years when I had the time and the best piece of advice I have is always stay on your toes and moving and always watch the ball.

Possibly singles. Any mistakes youve made that I can avoid?
What I've learned is that you shouldn't try to hit the ball as hard as you can every time.
It's more about the accuracy and placement of your shots that will help you win more games.

Though I don't play tennis I do fence at school. From my experiences with fencing I would recommend working on speed while keeping your balance. Always have a plan before going into a bout/game. Be precise and keep control of your movements. If you make big movements you will probably lose accuracy, also if you make a mistake in your movement it will be difficult to recover. If you make small movements you can make them quickly and recover quickly.

Back