• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

My Thoughts on Pokemon Black 2 So Far

KeebyFTW

So recently I got Pokémon Black 2 and the first thing that I noticed was the amount of changes that happened between Pokémon White/Black and Pokémon Black 2/White 2. The first change was how you start in a completely new town. This gave me a feeling of familiarity, yet it felt as if I had never been in the Unova region before. It started out so differently than the first game. By the time the first gym came around I talked to some random npc and they told me that I could find a Riolu in a place that I recently visited. I thought to myself "huh, in the last game you couldn't get pre gen V Pokémon before beating the elite four." Eventually after the second gym I finally got somewhere that I had been before. That place being Castelia City. Before I could go to the third gym I had to visit a new area that wasn't there before. The design of the third gym changed also. I soon left Castelia City and was on my way to Nimbasa City. Since it was electric type I tried to go find a Tympole. I looked up where to find one and I noticed that the location changed! I didn't like how the location of lots of Pokémon changed. Before I got to Nimbasa City I reached yet another new area. This new area, otherwise known as Join Avenue. I liked the concept behind Join Avenue, which was to invite people to set up a shop or to recommend a shop to them. The thing I didn't like about it was how you could only get people to go to Join Avenue using wireless communications. This annoyed me because I don't know anyone who lives near me that plays Pokémon. I still have yet to conquer the Nimbasa City Gym, but I noticed that they changed Elesa's design, which upset me a bit.

My thoughts on the game so far are mostly positive. Unlike games in the past this isn't just a remake of previous versions in the generation with a few changes, it's an actual sequel. I love how Hugh (your rival) didn't technically pick the starter that's good against you. I like the addition of the movie studio. Basically it's battling people with some cameos, but you have to cleverly plan your moves. Basically all of the new additions that I have seen so far are great. They all add things to do in the game. In turn they all add more gameplay hours. My favorite addition is the medal system. It's basically an achievement system. The moment I found out about this I was so excited to finally put my hands on this game. If any of you reading this were to get the game I doubt you would get bored easily. The only thing that might bore you is the traditional grinding for experience time. So basically my thoughts are that this game is great and I would highly recommend this game to any of you who have played Pokémon before and even those who haven't played Pokémon before.

- KeebyFTW

I read the review for Pokemon B/W2 whenever it came out and the reviewer was singing its praises. I've not been into Pokemon since Diamond/Pearl. Maybe I'll hop into it again... Not a half-bad summary, by the way.

Actually, moondoggy, the latest games might just turn the franchise around. A lot of people who started in gen 1 or 2 have been pleasantly surprised by the last games. I intend to get them both soon as well.

I've read a lot of reviews on B/W 2, and I think I may just buy it now :). Some of my friends have started playing it and I guess it's time that I finally caved in.
Hrm... maybe you could write a review for this when you finish. I'm sure that'd help others into getting this game, as some people have been turned off by the latest entries in the series.

Will do Ginyu. But by finish do you mean when I clear the story or when I'm done with just about everything?

I have an objection with the Join Avenue bit you put in. You can actually get large amounts of people coming in if you use the Global Link. Everyone who you interact with in there goes into Join Avenue.
But other than that I had two major problems with the game,
1) You can't catch the white/black Kyurem when you encouter it.
2) The battles were frightfully easy (especially end battles), even thought I hadn't gone grinding for EXP.

Hmm I did not know that. But I'm grinding a lot because i'm raising a deino that i transfered to black 2 from white.
EDIT: Also Sean if you wanted a challenge you should've gotten Black 2, it has a challenge mode where gym leaders have more pokemon and stronger pokemon.

I don't think I've enjoyed a main series pokemon game as much as white2 since gold and silver came out. Seriously. Also, yeah, you can trade on the GTS and people will also join your Join Avenue. And it's highly amusing to make your phrases swear words....Just sayin' :p

@sean ORLY? They're alot more difficult for me, especially since I chose snivy.

Now, a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake *is* coming. Look at the large number of Gen III pokemon available in b2w2. Look at reversal mountain's differences. Junichi Masuda has tweeted he's open to a remake.

All this reminds me of Jasmine (Olivine's Gym Leader) being in Sunnyshore in DPPT right before HG/SS were announced. It's been 10 years since RSE, so a remake is due if you look at how FRLG and HGSS both came around 10 years after their original releases.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this game, watched walkthroughs of it. (Only the first 15 minutes of the game) What I'm really excited for is the pokemon black/white 2 anime series. When I saw the trailer for it my mind was just blown away, ice beamed, and then self-destructed several times over (not really, but watching it the first time was pretty awesome.) Mind you, I watched both japanese english sub and english dubs. I'd say the japanese dub is a bit better, but they're both relatively good imo.

Chris, I don't believe there is an BW2 anime series being released that I heard of...are you talking about the trailer for the game?

Back