• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

My today's ridiculousness.

Ropz

Warning: The content of this next story is some parts truth, but a lot of lies. It's written by someone who has never written a blog (or anything else) before. So style errors and messy, hard-to-understand sentences are sure to be a part.

So today, started like any other day in the past week. A bit of heavy rain in the morning. Lots of light rain in the afternoon. And in the evening I saw what I've wanted to see for so, so long. Sunlight!! With the rays of the sun itself penetrating my old-ass glass windows, I decided to go ride my bicycle. I ride my bicycle on every good-weathered day. Usually anywhere from ten to fifty kilometres per day.

So I took my bike, attached headlight, lubricated the chain and off I was. After 10 minutes of riding, it came apparent to me that the weather was going to stay. But I was wrong, I was very wrong. I was so wrong that you wouldn't believe how wrong I... Ugh... So anyways, out comes this huge-ass cloud. I was some 12 miles away from home. And it started raining. It started raining hard. I found shelter under some trees. After standing there for some 20 minutes, the rain stopped. The sun shined and the rainbow I saw made me much happier. I started riding back home.

After a few kilometres, guess what. Another cloud comes from out of nowhere. This time, I was inbetween two fields, no trees, no shelter in sight. I had no choice but to pedal on. The rain was so heavy, it felt like God himself was taking a piss on me. My legs were exhausted already. I was cold, soaked and my bikes' gear system stopped working. I was close to giving up, my clothes probably weighed more than me, my back is still sore from the sheer pressure the water exerted on my back. I managed to drag myself through the pain and the suffering. I saw home.

It was like the light at the end of the tunnel. I felt like a fat kid, eating cake for the first time over years. I was overwhelmed by the happiness. It was still raining tho, and I had to ride through the last 500 meters. I felt a sudden boost of energy. Suddenly, I lifted my bike's front wheel and pulled a wheelie. It was still raining like mad. But I got home.

Once home, I took my soaked clothes off and being naked, looked out the back window. The rain had ended and there was a huge double rainbow, all the way across the sky. The sun was shining and I was happy to still be alive. The rainbow was so beautiful and it felt like the cloud was taking a bow in front of me.

TL;DR:
I was soaked by rain.

And after some diagnosis, I can surely tell now, that a fellow comrade, my Nokia 5130 Xpressmusic has gone insane and must be reserved from further duty. Final diagnosis: Water damage.

a double rainbow?? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?? I had a similar situation happen to me a year or two ago. It was fun.

One time i had to bike to work in the pouring rain, and i was soaked by the time i got there, then HAD to work...There was no sunshine, and no rainbows :((((

Back