NationStates Web Game

Just a thought regarding dead nations...

While I don't think territory belonging to nations that no longer exist should stay in limbo, I would like to just say that I think if they come back, their land should be reinstated.
We should keep a record of all land that was there but RP wise and just as a general way to encourage how they are run I think we should have a current map without inactive countries. If someone comes back we can just bring up the latest map that shows where they were and make a new one based on that.

Just a thought regarding dead nations...

While I don't think territory belonging to nations that no longer exist should stay in limbo, I would like to just say that I think if they come back, their land should be reinstated.
We should keep a record of all land that was there but RP wise and just as a general way to encourage how they are run I think we should have a current map without inactive countries. If someone comes back we can just bring up the latest map that shows where they were and make a new one based on that.

Hmm, I think more thought needs to be put into this idea.

Suppose a new nation joins up and requests a land stake in the region formerly owned by Nordic and Nephele. If either of the two are revived, that new nation would be robbed of his/her land stake.
Considering that the new nation would have no idea about the former occupation, and that the former nation had essentially "quit" the game (hence validating their removal from the map), would it be fair for the new nation that we gave preferential treatment to the quitter?

In my opinion, the quitter quit, so by law of respawn, he/she must start anew and ask for a new land claim. (<-- this is not my new rule, just my opinion).

If we kept a record of past occupations to guide future occupations, that would defeat the purpose of having removed the nations in the first place. May as well have just left the inactive nations there so that no new nation claims the land.

That said, the only viable solution I can think of is if we only allow existing, adjacent nations to fill up the vacuum left by the former nation. On a role-playing scale, this would be like having the weaker nation get absorbed into the stronger nation(s). Problem is we may get one nation that ends up taking up a ton of land.
In the case of the Nordic/Nephele region the land would have to be taken up by Akryo and possibly Podsixia. Assuming an even split in the land, Akryo and Podsixia would become one of the largest nations by land acreage. Otherwise, if either refuse, the sole nation would become THE largest. If both refuse, then the region becomes a no-man's land and a waste of space.

Let's do some more thinking about this, ladies and gentleman. Think about the consequences of your idea. Is this even an issue worth pursuing?

Map update
xkr6SMa.png

Glaviel expanded.

So I'm keeping a list of pinned tabs for all major versions of the map that comes out, and its pretty cool, its like a slideshow of the region. Nations growing, disappearing, and creating.

Hmm, I think more thought needs to be put into this idea.

Suppose a new nation joins up and requests a land stake in the region formerly owned by Nordic and Nephele. If either of the two are revived, that new nation would be robbed of his/her land stake.
Considering that the new nation would have no idea about the former occupation, and that the former nation had essentially "quit" the game (hence validating their removal from the map), would it be fair for the new nation that we gave preferential treatment to the quitter?

In my opinion, the quitter quit, so by law of respawn, he/she must start anew and ask for a new land claim. (<-- this is not my new rule, just my opinion).

If we kept a record of past occupations to guide future occupations, that would defeat the purpose of having removed the nations in the first place. May as well have just left the inactive nations there so that no new nation claims the land.

That said, the only viable solution I can think of is if we only allow existing, adjacent nations to fill up the vacuum left by the former nation. On a role-playing scale, this would be like having the weaker nation get absorbed into the stronger nation(s). Problem is we may get one nation that ends up taking up a ton of land.
In the case of the Nordic/Nephele region the land would have to be taken up by Akryo and possibly Podsixia. Assuming an even split in the land, Akryo and Podsixia would become one of the largest nations by land acreage. Otherwise, if either refuse, the sole nation would become THE largest. If both refuse, then the region becomes a no-man's land and a waste of space.

Let's do some more thinking about this, ladies and gentleman. Think about the consequences of your idea. Is this even an issue worth pursuing?

Map update
xkr6SMa.png

Glaviel expanded.
To be honest, I think the topic of war roleplay is more pressing. :L

Oh no! I messed up. How unprofessional of me.

Kan i haz da land down de bottom?

Yes, sir. What is your nation's name?

Map update
2MzaPHt.png

Cacher nation pending
Glaviel border change
Lordarain added

New rule: Please state you nation's name for any map request you make, whether it be a land claim, border change, relocation, etc.

Oh no! I messed up. How unprofessional of me.

Yes, sir. What is your nation's name?

Map update
2MzaPHt.png

Cacher nation pending
Glaviel border change
Lordarain added

New rule: Please state you nation's name for any map request you make, whether it be a land claim, border change, relocation, etc.

Muchos gracias.

I look forward to trading my wunnerful high quality automobiles with my neighboring nations... Word of caution though, many of my automobile salesmen like to work in the nude. However, I have a really low tax rate, which may help you be able to afford the vehicles... :p

Ok, a few things. One: the annual halloween zombie infection pandemic begins in a few days! I would recommend reading into it, as this poses a Level 2 Sanction Alert (on the Gallifraxian Pandemic Severity Scale, 1-6, 1 being projected total death, 6 being normal). This is something that will affect everybody, so the region must unanimously decide what to do. And number 2, there are 2 WA resolutions at vote, how should I vote on them?

Update on Zombie Pandemic that is sure enough going to hit us hard, we must all work together. This is something that we ALL must do to survive. I propose we all focus our strength on researching a cure, as that is the safest bet. Granted this means that the nations with over 1 billion citizens have to do the heavy work with pulling this through, im sure if we split work and have the larger population nations work on a cure, we can help slow the infection. We will most likely require military use, but we cannot let the dead win. If they do, then all hope is lost. I propose a creation for a Zombie Defense and Cure Research Coalition. It is the only way to survival.

I have one of the highest arms manufacturing sectors in the region and one of the highest defense spending. I'll be using military.

And number 2, there are 2 WA resolutions at vote, how should I vote on them?
The World Assembly one doesn't really matter, make your own choice.
The Security Council one is a condemnation of a leader of 'The Black Riders', a organization that plonks itself into defenseless nations and take control of the position of WA delegate and so take de facto control of many regions. I would say vote yes.

Back