NationStates Web Game

I am not going to lie....I am just playing everything by ear, lol.....because ultimately, I have no idea what I am doing.

"The Empire of Io Reign is a tiny, economically powerful nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics."

I don't understand how to make sense of this.
12 companies own over 80% of the world's oil reserves, and all of them are government-owned corporations.

(at least if you take their word for it, which most of the world does, for some reason - blame OPEC for the stupidly high gas prices)

"The Empire of Io Reign is a tiny, economically powerful nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics."

I don't understand how to make sense of this.
Important industries in my country either take massive amounts of money from my government so I control how they run, or are owned by a high ranking member of the government. My "Private business sector" might as well be named "Shit I own."

This is appalling that they would even ask this!!!
MJKgRk1.jpg

Oh, of course I can smoke up wherever I want. My people can't though.

No, cars were outlawed a long time ago. We have enough problems with the radioactive volcanic ash clouds that rain molten lava. No need to add to the pollution.

I just didn't care enough to force my people to have laws about it. I just wanted them to be quiet and do what I say.

You have rain that's molten lava?

This is appalling that they would even ask this!!!
MJKgRk1.jpg
In Saint Wehlberg they wanted to eat my Red Pandas. I put a stop to that. I also said no to them when they tried to eat Hippos in Wehlberg, I will not let my people eat my Landsharks. The Landsharks eat the people, not the people eating the Landsharks.

In Saint Wehlberg they wanted to eat my Red Pandas. I put a stop to that. I also said no to them when they tried to eat Hippos in Wehlberg, I will not let my people eat my Landsharks. The Landsharks eat the people, not the people eating the Landsharks.

My people tried to eat my Warpions; a species of my own design, a cross between Wasps and scorpions. I stopped that post haste.

My people tried to eat my Warpions; a species of my own design, a cross between Wasps and scorpions. I stopped that post haste.
I was too lazy to make my own species of animals. Which I suppose is bad since I am God and and all in my country.
At least I'm not in Saint Wehlberg. That place is run by an 8 year old. Granted its my kid...but still. Who knows what the hell will float that kids boat. Plus, I wanted to be the only god. Making them a Saint seemed more Logical to me. Hence the cute fluffy, cute Red Pandas being a national animal.

Warpions sound cool. I'm glad I don't live in your country. It seems too dangerous to me.

You have rain that's molten lava?
The volcanoes in my region are actually fueled by a naturally-occurring fission reaction approximately 42 kilometers below the surface. While this provides an ecologically-sound source of nuclear power ("green" activists can't bitch if it's natural nuclear waste), it does have the interesting side effect of making everything that comes out of the volcanoes highly radioactive. So much so, in fact, that lava that is spewed into the atmosphere stays molten due to the high amounts of radioactive ash in the ash clouds around it. It then behaves much like rain, clumping together until the drops get big enough to counteract the updrafts within the ash cloud - and then it rain molten lava over my beautiful country.

Which is the main reason most of my people stay in their houses/underground bunkers anyway, leaving me with no reason to legalize the recreational use of drugs outside of the home.

The volcanoes in my region are actually fueled by a naturally-occurring fission reaction approximately 42 kilometers below the surface. While this provides an ecologically-sound source of nuclear power ("green" activists can't bitch if it's natural nuclear waste), it does have the interesting side effect of making everything that comes out of the volcanoes highly radioactive. So much so, in fact, that lava that is spewed into the atmosphere stays molten due to the high amounts of radioactive ash in the ash clouds around it. It then behaves much like rain, clumping together until the drops get big enough to counteract the updrafts within the ash cloud - and then it rain molten lava over my beautiful country.

Which is the main reason most of my people stay in their houses/underground bunkers anyway, leaving me with no reason to legalize the recreational use of drugs outside of the home.
So... How's the tourism? :confused:

So... How's the tourism? :confused:
Mutated salamanders capable of living in the extreme temperatures of a lava river are a major attraction. Besides, we sell specialized umbrellas and boots for rainy days.

And the land itself is quite beautiful. Everything in the country has either evolved or mutated to be able to survive in such harsh conditions, so we have lush, green forests filled with the normal creatures (that might look slightly different); lakes with edible fish, etc etc.

Mutated salamanders capable of living in the extreme temperatures of a lava river are a major attraction. Besides, we sell specialized umbrellas and boots for rainy days.

And the land itself is quite beautiful. Everything in the country has either evolved or mutated to be able to survive in such harsh conditions, so we have lush, green forests filled with the normal creatures (that might look slightly different); lakes with edible fish, etc etc.
You are very lucky, most Nephelian cities built on mountain tops don't even have rivers and animals (except for those insane forest cats) because everyone is scared of the gigantic armored rampaging static-pawed bears that live near the sea shores in which over 10,000 people have died in last week. Those farm and dock owners over there are constantly on the lookout for high tech nano shielding in order to keep their customers and workers from getting devoured by hungry bears.

.... Sheesh, people are so paranoid.....

Sheesh, that place sounds crazy. Interesting but crazy!

Back