need new computer ideas

fox_news

let me start off by saying, i will not take parts and throw them into a tower. i want a pre-made one.
i am currently in the need for a new desktop computer. i am looking for a normal tower that has the best performance a computer can have (**** good graphics card too ****). i understand that it will cost a shit-ton but i am willing to get it. currently i am looking at this but i want to see what you guys recommend. please post your ideas below. thank you for the help in my search.

The real question is: How much are you actually willing (or able) to spend on one of these?

I recommend Googling "top gaming pc" and then doing some individual research on the specs for each computer that catches your fancy. It's very likely that you can find a tower that boasts as much power as the one in your link for less money. Try not to be taken in by the looks of the tower, and try to buy from a reputable vendor. If you need help understanding the different specs, ask.

Also take your time with your research. Excitement and drooling will encourage haste, which may lead to a bad deal. Besides, the latest and greatest will be obsolete within 3 months.

let me start off by saying, i will not take parts and throw them into a tower. i want a pre-made one.
images

Ignorance level over 9000. Let me tell you why:

I looked at your Erazer X700, the 1700$ (1359$ with the discount) model. Now, I went on http://www.pcpartpicker.com and threw together the same PC, just probably with better and more quality parts.
Look at the list here: http://www.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oOM

3-4 are missing because they don't tell you exactly what they buy:
  • Motherboard (they don't tell you what motherboard they use) proabably in the 100$ range.
  • Case. Depends on your preferences, I will count another 50$.
  • Power Supply. 50$
  • And if you really need it, good keyboard and mice and not some premade bad quality things they will send you. 100$

This adds up to 1060$.

They charge you 600$+ just for assembling the PC (300$ with the coupon code), which consists essentially of locking together the different parts. 600$! You can buy so much with 600$, and you want to throw them away because you fear 2 hours of work? Instead of playing Minecraft for the 30000th hour, just take that time and build the PC yourself!

images

Ignorance level over 9000. Let me tell you why:

I looked at your Erazer X700, the 1700$ (1359$ with the discount) model. Now, I went on http://www.pcpartpicker.com and threw together the same PC, just probably with better and more quality parts.
Look at the list here: http://www.pcpartpicker.com/p/1oOM

3-4 are missing because they don't tell you exactly what they buy:
  • Motherboard (they don't tell you what motherboard they use) proabably in the 100$ range.
  • Case. Depends on your preferences, I will count another 50$.
  • Power Supply. 50$
  • And if you really need it, good keyboard and mice and not some premade bad quality things they will send you. 100$

This adds up to 1060$.

They charge you 600$+ just for assembling the PC (300$ with the coupon code), which consists essentially of locking together the different parts. 600$! You can buy so much with 600$, and you want to throw them away because you fear 2 hours of work? Instead of playing Minecraft for the 30000th hour, just take that time and build the PC yourself!
This and more. If you can't be bothered or don't know how to assemble it yourself, you can get it assembled by a professional for around $100.

or don't know how to assemble it yourself,
What is this for an excuse? We have the internet, a gigantic knowledgebase! If you don't know how to assemble it yourself, I'd be happy to provide a few resources! :)

EDIT: I just did it, here is a great video by Newegg, it is 40 Minutes long. If you pause and do what they do at the appropriate spots, you will easily be finished in 2 hours:

Yeah, even if you don't know how to build it yourself, just get someone who does to do it for you.
You'll save money anyhow.
And you'll be supporting small business!

Unless you are Middle Eastern Prince you should get Alienware. Mac Pro.

And another thing. Windows 8.

Are you gonna live with that?

Well, he already told everyone who is telling him to build a computer to stop telling him to build a computer.
Buy Alienware. Its expensive, therefore it must be good. The higher the cost, the higher the quality. Just disregard everyone else. Except Vorsprung. He suggested Alienware. So buy Alienware. Get the most expensive one if you have the money for it. Or if you don't get the cheapest one. It'll still be better cos its Alienware.

While it is more cost effective to build your own, if you truly do not want to do that, having a professional custom build you one is still a much better idea than ordering a pre-built. I would be willing to do it, and if you're interested, send me a PM.

Back