• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

New Dynamic Map layout

Laharal

Thanks for the changes however I got question:

I'd like to know what is the difference between the flat and the surface views (only angles?)
If we can turn the chat off on the dynamic map

Many thanks,

I like this! The old one "made me" buy my first town chunk about 3-4 chunks in the wrong direction cause I was standing on a mountain, but it turned out ok anyways :p

There were constant problems with height in previous one - your position on map changed when you changed your y level. And same issue was with tall (flying) builds where they overshadowed smaller builds far away due to angle drawing. Previous one gave you better view of map, this one gives you better positions and generally more precise info, but everything seems flat.

ctrl + f5 worked, thankyou :3 and wow, it looks weird.

Yeah, I think the map was reset and has to update itself and the chunks again. Not too sure of the timer on the map updates though, was every couple seconds on the old one.

I dont mind the different perspective. However, the map appears to still be broken, as the terrain is not fully loading. Bits and parts of it are, but there is mostly large swaths of blackness.

Is this going to be fixed?

I dont mind the different perspective. However, the map appears to still be broken, as the terrain is not fully loading. Bits and parts of it are, but there is mostly large swaths of blackness.

Is this going to be fixed?

As players reload the chunks, the map should update as the timer for its update occurs.

Back