• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

New Minecraft Server (Cities)

virek

First off, sounds awesome. I know I can spend a lot more time on detail and not worry about it getting removed the next time notch releases "pillow blocks" and the world needs to be reset.

Secondly, I have several questions and suggestions. Mostly targeted at woot, but anybody is welcome to chime in.

1. Cities: How big are they? My worry: Firethorn spawn at each one. I really don't want to spend time on a spectacular building just to have somebody build a pink tower of garbage right next to me.

Recommendation: I'm sure you plan permission based cities, but I would also suggest tagging 'themes' to cities where they have to follow the guidlines of that city. Medival theme, abstract theme, futuristic, etc. If they build non-themed buildings in a themed city, it should be subject to removal.

2. Also how many cities are planned? Compared to Xankul and Firethron, how much bigger/smaller will the next full map be?

3. If I build a house on the surface within a city, do I own the ground below me? I'm sure a mine or two will run through, but what if somebody decides to build an underground home 20 blocks under my house?

4. If traveling costs money, will there be currency or will it cost resources?
Hopeful: Wallets. Drops upon death, but money can be deposited in chests safely.

Final recommendation: If there are cities, and the amount of savable land is finite, there should be some sort of limit to the amount of land I can claim. If I roll in and cobblestone off 1/4 of the city and claim it as mine, that probably isn't fair. Will that be somewhat regulated? Also if I claim land in ALL cities, that may start filling quick as well.

Also, I hear it may be weeks for the new release to be finalized, is this true? I may disappear temporarily until it's up and running.

Thanks,
Virek

It'd be nice if we could create our own cities within reason. I'd like to know how the system works with each update. Will Woot just use world edit to copy the cities onto a newly generated world? If so perhaps he can define constraints for people to create and register their own cities.

Mhm Virek i love your Post. Touches me so much <3 lol
But yes i do supposable agree on customizing our own Cities and with-out Noobish People building Random Stuff around our Fabulous creation.
As i will know, I had my own Island running.
Aka LonelyLand and it had taken me and my fellow members about 2 weeks to get it Running well and with various sexy designs :)
But aswell as i know there will be a new update running and a new world informing us sooner or later.
All my consern is.
Could there be some way into generating a copy of My and my fellow land property into the Future World?
I honestly want to continue my journey with Team9000 and also show proud and show how much i honour it.
All im asking is For Woot. Hopefully to Re-copy the Location placing and Land mass that me and my fellow mates have created.

I think the cities and who can build in what should go depending on ranks, time played, time joined, ect. Or, at least some of the parts of the cities should be like that. Also, theme cities would be sweet, I would love for there to be a egyptian city with pyramids, battle towers, the nile river and such, and other cities like that, maybe start to create real world cities?

Just some ideas, I will love to see how this pans out. I will miss however, the ability to go as far away from everyone as possible to build, without it being destroyed in an update, that is a bummer for me, I am like a hermit =o. Just do not get me thinking of ideas, it gets crazy up in here haha, maybe ill post them as I think of them.

Woot is being mysterious. :eek:
If we get player-run cities (i guess we wont), i have few friends that could live with me, far from others (cause we're all 'loners :3 ). If we wont, though, and if we'll the land we can take will be set (it wont be too much then, i guess), i'll be sad. :p (LUL harrasing)

Also, about the city themes - i've been on the Buxville server, i've seen their huge flying ball-like houses, underground caves and such, they all looked ossum, but... I would not want to live in such thing. Its epic, but somehow also... lets say, ugly. I'm not saying that i dont want the themes at all, i just dont want them to be too strict. For example = no flying stuff, no coloured wool walls, or no lavafalls. These are just examples.

Buxville server has "money". I didnt know how does it work, i teleported somewhere and i wanted to go back... but what? I had to pay for using the portal. And i didnt have enough cash. I was in a city that i didnt like at all, and i was forced to live there to get some "money" to move from there. So, my point is - no money. I like RPGs, but this is Minecraft, not some
WoW-ish game. :p

Also, even if we dont get player-run cities, every one of them should get some kind of mayor - he'll decide how much land can be taken by a single player when Woot is not online (which is pretty often, unless he's accepting the apps <3). I say that the most active Xankul-ers should be choosen for that.

I'm looking forward to building in the new world. I like it, cause everytime i was seeing all these ossum castles i was so jealous of them, and now the ossumness ofa building wont depend on time of joining but on the time spent. Yes, i like to showoff with my lifelessness <3

Just the other day, aramat made a pit fall trap using some tnt, redstone, sand, torches, and sandstone, looked nice when triggered.

ive got a arrow trap that fires around 10 arrows a sec when triggered by pressure plate =]

nice, I was messing around with em, made some cool stuff, look on "Word of Notch" and watch that vid he posted (assuming you have not already). It is amazing.

Amazing wall of flaming arrows!
That's some cake defense if I ever saw it.
Makes me want minecraft shields.. :p

Discussion about rules and cities in the new world is happening here:

http://wiki.team9000.net/Talk:Minecraft_Survival

Please use proper wiki etiquette if you choose to take part in the discussion. Login, click add topic at the top to make a new section, or edit the section you are interested in commenting on. Follow the layout of existing comments, and sign your messages by typing ~~~~ at the end of your notes.

Your login is the same as your team9000.net forum account.

Back