New SimCity Game 2013

GreenEarth

SimCity 3000 Unlimited is one of my favorite games ever. I remember being young and constantly bothering my parents to get it for me. After 3 months of asking I finally got it when they saw it on sale at Half Price Books. I remember being fired my first city, as I was young and didn't really know how to manage taxes and how to create jobs and revenue. All I wanted was SKYSCRAPERS. Dense commercial, Dense commercial, Dense commercial, Dense commercial, zone it everywhere! Took me a while to learn how to develop a successful city, but that game was so therapeutic for me, just very relaxing. SimCity 4 I didn't spend much time with as my computer was not powerful enough, but I remember being blown away. I didn't try Societies but I heard it wasn't so good, so maybe I'm not missing much.

Anyway here is a video about the a new game they are developing. Another reason for me to upgrade my computer. Commence drooling SimCity fans.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/maxis-developing-new-simcity-for-2013-release-2012037/

mmmmh nostalgia, watched this opening every single time I started the game.

SimCity 4 is boss. I still play it on occaision.
I never understood why the wealth rating of some of my buildings went down, much less why some buildings just go completely unoccupied.

Here is a lovely pic of my latest city. Pop: 81,000
SimCity4Scrn.png

Looking forward to seeing how the new SimCity turns out.

I'm still skeptic about it, we need to see more gameplay footage before I actually get my hopes up.
SimCity 4= game of my childhood. Kind of the reason I like building cities in Minecraft.

Also, here's the announcement trailer:

YES, ALL MY YES!
star_wars_battlefront_2_002.jpg

star-wars-battlefront-ii-20051104021255768-000.jpg

star_wars_battlefront_2_001.jpg

927129_20060512_screen001.jpg
Looking forward to the new Sim City!
Still remember my first experience at a friend's house with some old copy of Sim City.
I think I paved roads all over the place, then activated godmode and began terrorizing my citizens with tornadoes and aliens?

only problem i see is EA's current policy on mod support and user-generated content.

As long as it's optimized properly and we don't have to place plop down induvidual houses, I'll be on this like cats on catnip.
Now we just need to take this away from EA before they mess it up.

SimCity 4 is boss. I still play it on occaision.
I never understood why the wealth rating of some of my buildings went down, much less why some buildings just go completely unoccupied.

Here is a lovely pic of my latest city. Pop: 81,000
View attachment 95888

Looking forward to seeing how the new SimCity turns out.
Have you tried spamming with parks to boost land value?

Though, SimCity 4 kind of annoyed me, being you couldn't make a new region that's randomly generated, and I could not for the life of me get any bridges to go across rivers or really put anything against the water >.>

I'm interested in the "social" aspect where people can have neighboring cities, and his mistakes could cost you a city.

I have Sim City 4 and Sim City Societies and to be honest the better one was Sim City 4.
SimCity Societies wasn't even really a SimCity game, it was something EA had one of their other studios make and then just slapped "SimCity" on it so it would sell.

Terrain is driven by resources? That is SO cool!

Edit: Wait, that might be programming jargon. Derp.

No, like if the area is water rich, so are the plant life. If it is dry and barren, so is the land.

He added water under the dirt and it made it rich and covered in grass.

I've never understood the obsession with these games. I try them and get bored quickly.

Fun fact, the new simcity is only for PC.

SimCity Societies wasn't even really a SimCity game, it was something EA had one of their other studios make and then just slapped "SimCity" on it so it would sell.
yes I've heard bad things about societies, I never got around to trying it.
I've never understood the obsession with these games. I try them and get bored quickly.

Fun fact, the new simcity is only for PC.
Yeah the games are targeted for a specific audience, and it is easy to get frustrated. I got fired my first few cities, shit sucked. Also can you imagine trying to play simcity on a console controller? That would be madness.

Back