Next Gen Rumors

bbgunshot

So there have been a bajillion rumors about the next generation of consoles. I figured it would be good to have a specific place to discuss such things. I have heard things ranging from the 720 and PS4 being download only, not supporting used games, not having a disk drive, 720 coming with blu-ray and kinect intigration, PS4 dropping backwards compatibility alltogether and many many more. The lastest rumor I've heard is the 720 requiring a constant internect connection. I believe this to be completly bogus. However, I do think that the possibility of different modles of the 720 and/or PS4 to be avaliable at launch is high. This could explain some of the outlandish rumors, and discrepancies in each rumor.

What have you heard? Do you have any speculations? What do you want from next generation?

I heard most next gen consoles wont let you have fun anymore, and games will be charged for hourly use, so you don't actually own them. And you wont be able to play together with your friends because that would mean having fun so no more of that. Also I heard that you will have to make a daily blood sacrifice to the console manufacturer to keep the console working.

I heard most next gen consoles wont let you have fun anymore, and games will be charged for hourly use, so you don't actually own them. And you wont be able to play together with your friends because that would mean having fun so no more of that. Also I heard that you will have to make a daily blood sacrifice to the console manufacturer to keep the console working.
That's why I have my PC, rumor has it that the ps4 won't be far from your prediction.

Let's try and focus this on consoles please. Are you opposed to these rumors? Have you heard any rumors of your own (that are actually conceivable)? What do you want from next gen?

For the next Xbox, I expect for it not only be better performing and more oriented towards 3D gaming, but to look as epic as it is. Game consoles have always had the same basic shape, aside from Gamecube, The next gen needs some serious industrial design revamps in order to stand out. At the moment I prefer My PS3, but I have a feeling that the next Xbox will win me over, if they aren't stupid enough to make a portable.

For the next Xbox, I expect for it not only be better performing and more oriented towards 3D gaming, but to look as epic as it is. Game consoles have always had the same basic shape, aside from Gamecube, The next gen needs some serious industrial design revamps in order to stand out. At the moment I prefer My PS3, but I have a feeling that the next Xbox will win me over, if they aren't stupid enough to make a portable.

Microsoft won't make a portable, windows phone is fine for them as it is.

Back