Nintendo 2DS!?!?!

Bored

Ummmm yeah..... April is a few months back Nintendo... http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/

Needless to say this is supposed to be the 'cheap' alternative for parents who can't afford a 3DS. I will say it looks like a solid handheld that could probably stand more abuse then the 3DS flip screen system, but why not have it with a 3DS screen and just use the slider for switching between 2D and 3D!!! Also in the video I noticed something really stupid about the design, IT HAS 2 CAMERAS ON THE BACK!!! The 2 cameras were built into the 3DS systems to take 3D pictures, why the hell is it on a exclusively 2D system?!?!

Anyways comments appreciated to explain really what this is all about and why anyone should/shouldn't invest in this ~$129.99 system...

It's exclusively 2D so that young children don't have their eyes murdered by the 3D of the 3DS.

Ummmm yeah..... April is a few months back Nintendo... http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/

Needless to say this is supposed to be the 'cheap' alternative for parents who can't afford a 3DS. I will say it looks like a solid handheld that could probably stand more abuse then the 3DS flip screen system, but why not have it with a 3DS screen and just use the slider for switching between 2D and 3D!!! Also in the video I noticed something really stupid about the design, IT HAS 2 CAMERAS ON THE BACK!!! The 2 cameras were built into the 3DS systems to take 3D pictures, why the hell is it on a exclusively 2D system?!?!

Anyways comments appreciated to explain really what this is all about and why anyone should/shouldn't invest in this ~$129.99 system...
It costs less because it doesn't do 3D. That's why they don't have it so it switches between 2D and 3D...and certain games use both cameras, so, they kept them. Not like the cameras on the 3DS really are super expensive cameras, they're like 0.5 Megapixels, doesn't add much to the price.

It's just the broken off end of the villager's axe.

EDIT:
villager.jpg

/thread

From what I gather, it's a more solid 3DS without the gimmick of 3D. ..... Was there like some fatal flaw in the design of the 3DS where if it comes in contact with anything harder the flesh of a human hand, it shatters itself and spread the pieces across the globe, and the owner then has to go on a journey to collect all the pieces, and only once all the pieces have been gathered together, can someone summon the Dragon to grant them any wish they want? If not, it's called turn the 3D slider down all the way.

From what I gather, it's a more solid 3DS without the gimmick of 3D. ..... Was there like some fatal flaw in the design of the 3DS where if it comes in contact with anything harder the flesh of a human hand, it shatters itself and spread the pieces across the globe, and the owner then has to go on a journey to collect all the pieces, and only once all the pieces have been gathered together, can someone summon the Dragon to grant them any wish they want? If not, it's called turn the 3D slider down all the way.
It's made more for little derpy kids that would break the fuck out of a thing that folded thanks to "the dropsies"

I want one for the sole purpose to play the 3ds game but also play 2ds games but not bust out another 30 dollars for a feature I would never use and if I did it would just give me a headache. So while this item might not pertain to all of you guys interest, there is no need to flip shit and throw it into a fire just cause it seems like a gimmick.

I think it's a fabulous idea
It's a shame that Nintendo isn't relevant any more

Still, you can incapacitate people with it, and it has Super Smash Brothers

It's better than preordering Collar Duty

Its a fucking slice of cake.

And I highly doubt that they would develop any "2DS" games. It'd just be 3DS and DS games like the 3DS. While I appreciate the reduced price that comes with the removal of its 3D capabilities, I really don't like the amount of empty space they're leaving on it. Why can't they make the bottom touch screen a little bigger. I don't see the point in making something that shape either.

Its almost like a... tablet... hmm...

So a side by side shows how big the thing actually is.
362921.gif

like I said on mumble I think I'm gonna stick to a 3ds xl when I get enough money for it.

It looks terrible ... Like really, If this device is intended for a younger audience, then please explain how this brick is going to fit in a child's pocket ?

Even if it's more "consumer friendly" with it's reduced cost and all, and granted i'm sure if push came to shove a kid could get used to using it, but the main issue i have is that it looks Mega uncomfortable to hold/use.

Uncomfortable to hold? I actually wouldn't mind a solid system like that as usually with the flip screen I have it all the way back anyways. I just hope it has some weight on it to make it not feel so light for the size (weight = feels well made + stability in gaming.)

What I'm getting out of the 2Ds is that if its around $125 when it first comes out then it's a good bargain, but if it's like $300 then its not in my ballpark.

What I'm getting out of the 2Ds is that if its around $125 when it first comes out then it's a good bargain, but if it's like $300 then its not in my ballpark.
It's already been said it's $129.99. Why would the 2DS be $100 more than the 3DS XL?

Back