No Sleep November: Halo 4 / Blacks Ops 2 Madness

Riein

November is coming up and two very anticipated games are coming out. That means November will be dedicated to Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 for those that have Xbox 360s or PS3s in the case of BO2.

The goal is to gather the T9K community on Xbox Live or PSN and make sure that if you are planning on playing those games, that you enjoy it will the fun people known as us. So share those gamertags and let the bullets fly come November. I am planning on some kind of community night to play both games.

The Halo 4 game night will feature a large array of game modes including Capture the Wooty, King of the Hill, Grifball, Team Slayer and more.

Before any disliking of Black Ops 2 arouses (giggity), I play CoD because I find it entertaining and have no problem if you view it as the same game released year after year, but BO2 seems to have a plentiful amount of changes. I enjoyed Black Ops 1 and feel like Treyarch won't disappoint. BO2 gamenight will also include many gamemodes, including Team OxyMatch, Chase Wooty with a knife and party game modes!

Xbox Gamertag - MrHatnCiogs

Game Descriptions:

Halo 4 is an upcoming first-person shooter video game being developed for the Xbox 360 console. Halo 4 is the first installment in a new trilogy of Halo series games, named the "Reclaimer Trilogy". The game begins 4 years after the ending of Halo 3, and marks the return of the Master Chief as the main protagonist, and the AI Cortana.
Halo 4's story or campaign mode can be played through alone or cooperatively with up to three other players. Unlike in Halo 3 cooperative campaign where each player takes the role of a different character, in Halo 4 all players will play as Master Chief.

Halo 4 will feature a new story-driven game mode, titled "Spartan Ops", it can be played solo or cooperatively with up to three other players. It serves as a replacement for the Firefight game mode that featured in Halo: Reach and Halo 3: ODST. Season one of Spartan Ops will deliver five new objective-based missions and cinematics each week over a period of ten weeks to players.

Halo 4 will also include Forge, a map-editing tool, that was first featured in Halo 3.

In the multiplayer component of Halo 4, titled Infinity multiplayer, players will build their own custom Spartan-IV super-soldier and advance in their multiplayer career which spans across gameplay in War Games, Spartan Ops, Forge and Theater. Players can advance through ranks by earning experience (or XP) by playing War Games, Spartan Ops, using Forge, and by completing both challenges and commendations. Commendations and challenges were first featured in Halo: Reach, both have been expanded in Halo 4. At each rank players earn Spartan Points (SP), which are used to purchase gameplay items such as weapons, armor abilities and various upgrades for personal loadouts. Once players attain rank SR-50 they can enlist into one of the eight available Specializations, enabling players to unlock further customisation for their Spartan. Each Specialization is composed of ten ranks, players cannot switch their Specialization until they complete it. Items for visual customisation are also unlocked by gaining ranks, mastering commendations and completing certain goals.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is an upcoming first-person shooter video game, developed by Treyarch. Black Ops II is the first game in the Call of Duty franchise to feature future warfare technology. It also presents branching storylines driven by player choice and offers a 3D display option[7] for the first time in the franchise's history.

While still following the same leveling-up features of the three previous main Call of Duty titles, Black Ops multiplayer has many new features.

Instead of unlocking weapons, equipment and perks by leveling up, CODPoints are introduced. To purchase everything the player would like in multiplayer, CODPoints must be spent. This currency is earned through regular gameplay, as well as from leveling up and completing Contracts. However, certain items become available only when the player has reached a certain level.

Another new feature is the Playercard. It details players' progression through multiplayer, allowing viewing of in-depth stats, ranging from Kill/Death Ratio to the number of times a player has used a certain Killstreak reward. It also links to recent games players have taken part in and from there links to the Theater. Players can view their friends or recently-met players' Playercards and also interact with their statistics. Emblems make a return from Modern Warfare 2, though instead of unlocking them through gameplay, they are completely uniquely customizable, allowing up to 12 different layers of different images, which are bought with CODPoints. However, layers are not lost through prestiging.

The Theater is also introduced in multiplayer. It allows players to watch their own recent games, allowing a free spectate of the entire map while the game plays, as well as recording and uploading 30-second segments to the internet. It also allows players to spectate any other player who played alongside or against, while watching the gameplay. 100 games are stored in "Recent Games".

Much of the Call of Duty: Black Ops campaign is told through the eyes of SOG and CIA operative Alex Mason, primarily through flashbacks. Mason is asked questions by an unknown interrogator about a numbers broadcast which is being used to contact Soviet sleeper cells in the United States. These questions set the stage for the campaign missions.

Call of Duty: Black Ops features the return of Zombie Mode from Call Of Duty: World At War. Zombie Mode can be played solo, split-screen, and online with up to four players. Two Zombie maps are included with the game, and seven are currently available as part of the four DLC map packs. Call of Duty: Black Ops also features a unique mode called Dead Ops Arcade.

Gamer tag: NobleR3con

Cannot wait for Campaign / Team Slayer!

Also, a "Good-Bye Halo Reach" Game Night possibly?

I would be up for that, it would be good to play some Halo 3 before the Halo 4 release as well so that it's a smooth transition.

Gamertag: Chills Pills

You can definitely count me in for the Halo 4 night, depending if I can make it due to timezone differences and exams start on the release date for me.

So I hear on Nov 18th, a long awaited patch for MW3 will be released; some know it as Black Ops II.

I love how everyone's just going for Halo 4, not Black Ops II. If I would, I would join you all, but unfortunately, I can't.

CoD is a piece of shit now.

I still need to scrape up another $2.50 before I can purchase Halo 4... Yep... just short by a bit of pocket change...

Anywho, I'll just leave this here for those of you who might not know it yet.

GT: T9k Thee Pro
(yes, those are spaces)

EDIT: Just counted all of my pennies and I want to put my head through a wall... I literally have $2.49 in pennies. I ain't kidding.

Can anyone spare a penny?

For me it's no-purchase november. For me only 3 decent games came out this year and they were all in October. (for anyone that cares to know- Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, ACIII)

(why does the bottom part of BO2 tell what happened in BO1?)

For me it's no-purchase november. For me only 3 decent games came out this year and they were all in October. (for anyone that cares to know- Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, ACIII)

ACIII comes out on the 20th for PC.. must count, right? XD
Also Farcry 3. Looking forward to that one. Shame I have no console to play with you guys :(

Planetside 2. It's the best game this year and it's F2P so it sticks with your no-purchase november theme.

XBL GT: Zennai55

Pray tell, shall we schedule a Halo 4 gamenight soon? I'd be willing to start forging some maps.

Back