• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

NPC Villages as Spawn Points / Public Transport Points (portals?)

munchkin19

Hey guys,

Yes I know this kinda topic has been done time and time again but I had a brainstorm replying to the Destroying NPC Villages thread.

Could NPC villages become a spawn points; spawn at closest 'discovered' village on death? Or even as long distance transports - maybe the villages could a portal to spawn other villages (like in the old outlands)? Obviously they would need to be towny claimed at spawn/admin/protected... Not thought about the details of it - just flinging into the community to see responses...

Unfortunately, there aren't any bukkit hooks to detect NPC village locations at the moment. Although, it might be possible to just look for wood stair blocks in newly regenerated chunks... hmm...

Unfortunately, there aren't any bukkit hooks to detect NPC village locations at the moment. Although, it might be possible to just look for wood stair blocks in newly regenerated chunks... hmm...
sonic disappears in to the code world :D

That's quite interesting. And anyone saying it takes the "survival art out of it" OPEN YOUR EYES THERE ARE PLAYER-OWNED TOWNS!

That's quite interesting. And anyone saying it takes the "survival art out of it" OPEN YOUR EYES THERE ARE PLAYER-OWNED TOWNS!
BUT, they aren't spawn points.

Personally, I think it shouldn't be a spawn point, but that it would be cool if the food bar regenerated there, or maybe it doesn't deplete.

Back