• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

nVidia expected to release Kepler 600 GTX series cards on march 23rd - 2012

Casham

63481.png

After months and months of 28nm video cards being sold only by AMD, we finally know when NVIDIA will launch its next-generation video adapters.

According to Expreview, the first products based on the GK104 GPU will be made available on March 23 (2012).

Since the company just a short time ago boldly said nothing will be able to beat Kepler, many people are eagerly anticipating the release.

It is unclear what the first card will be called. Some think GeForce GTX 680, other mention the GeForce GT 670 Ti name.

Whichever it is, we hope it will live up to its hype, even if 28nm chip shortages do affect supply.

At this point, the fabled GK100 has either been scrapped (unlikely) or will be postponed for the second half of 2012, when AMD launches Sea islands.

Source: Softpedia

________________________________________________________________________________

playstation-ucuz-fd11ff.jpg

Expected performance figures, however these are unconfirmed.​
220329m6tnt4axtfl8tnif.png

Source: Zhenghou

In terms of what this means for us the consumer, we should see a reasonable drop in the current price of nVidia cards and I'd imagine a drop in prices for ATi/AMD GPU's to stay competitive.

Thoughts guys?
Or are you all still busy with the Kleenex?

Cheers,
Casham

Hooray - hopefully that'll bring some steep price cuts on the current line and I can just hook myself up with some SLI 580's on the cheap :D

hooray, price cuts, I can follow kag's lead....hopefully.....or just snag another 550 Ti to run dual 550's....I am good with either result.

Back