Official Moondoggy and Newspapercrane Gripe-a-thon

moondoggy23

This thread is the official thread for (at the very least) Moondoggy and Newspapercrane to gripe about silly, irrelevant things, then proceed to gripe about the resultant conversation from these things that are not on topic with the original topic.

Y'know what grinds my gears? Lots of things. Name something, it probably irks me. Like this thread. And people on my lawn.

This is another thing that irritates me: Multiple threads discussing the same topic.

While I do agree that this is a most irritating matter, as I'm sure News"paper"Crane would attest to as well. I will argue that the thread that I have created is for the explicit purpose of discussing all matters generally related to "NewspaperCrane". While this thread is concerned with "griping" between, or in general, about moondoggy and NewspaperCrane.

What happen this time?

Oh wait nvm saw the IRL thread >.<

Response: The lovely Crane has always been a 'speak his mind' type of fellow. Such as this he has on numerous occasions pissed off the masses with a ranting or two (or four) that most people were not in favor of. However, he like all of us are entitled to give said rants and voice matters of opinion over topics. A few things he's said I've agreed with in the past and happily hit the like button over, other things it's just best to let it slide as "I don't agree with that" and go on about your day.

In any case it's not good to flame/target anyone on T9k and probably would be best if threads like these didn't exist :).

What happen this time?

Oh wait nvm saw the IRL thread >.<

Response: The lovely Crane has always been a 'speak his mind' type of fellow. Such as this he has on numerous occasions pissed off the masses with a ranting or two (or four) that most people were not in favor of. However, he like all of us are entitled to give said rants and voice matters of opinion over topics. A few things he's said I've agreed with in the past and happily hit the like button over, other things it's just best to let it slide as "I don't agree with that" and go on about your day.

In any case it's not good to flame/target anyone on T9k and probably would be best if threads like these didn't exist :).

I would like to think this is clearly a jab at the proceedings in this thread right here, with no real harm intended to anyone. Fake harm, maybe.

One thing I've noticed about Crane and I: We both gripe and complain. This is me taking something that is arbitrary, doesn't matter, and makes practically little difference in the universe, and pushing it to it's most-extreme limit I could possibly come up with in the 30 seconds it took for me to come up with this. Here ANYONE -- not just myself or Crane -- can go on some massive diatribe about something that's getting under their skin, whether it's on T9k or elsewhere, and get it out of their system. On this thread whining, complaining, griping, ranting and all other forms of grumbling can posted and it won't take the thread off topic, since that is the thread's topic (also note it's in Random, so it has that going for it). If I need to throw a massive disclaimer on the OP, I will.

Alright. Here's the deal MoonDoggy. I still have some respect for you, so I'm going to be less dickish about this than typical Crane. I understand that you find the need to be the mature one around here, or at least try to be. I also understand the fact that you have this need to be intellectual. We go back a while, and I can't imagine how you would know how to react to something that I say in a worse way. Team9000 is not a super serious place. I've learned that over the years, there are times to be serious, there are times that things should be taken seriously. A rant about a thread's title is not one of those things which should be taken seriously. Perhaps I've been away too long, but any bit of sarcasm has been lost on me here. What I do see is someone trying to be a huge righteous dickweed derailing a thread by attempting to prevent someone from derailing a thread. Maybe that's what you were trying to do, I'm not really sure, what I am sure of is you've now spawned two threads and derailed the original thread more than I ever would have had you just not said anything to me at all, and gone about your day. You should by now that there are two things that I don't tolerate. People saying one thing and doing another, people ignoring me, and people trying to tell me what to do, and what to say (And by extension the attempts at manipulation which are this thread). Please move on with your life. The fact that I don't like threads with the words "Official" in them is not the end of the world. The fact that I wrote a rant at 6:30 in the morning on a monday morning should probably tell you about the mindset that I was in at the time I wrote the post. Not that it's not true, but I didn't have my thinking cap on yet, and really was just filled with Rage at the time. The idea that a thread should be only about one thing and you're going to be a dickwad to anyone who feels they need to contribute something otherwise is quite ridiculous. This is a community full of people who have thoughts and ideas. I'm the opinionated sort, I'm also the ranty sort, it's something people around here should be used to by now. I don't mince words, I have too much respect for the members of this community for that. Along side that comes with the knowledge that I'm going to say whatever the fuck I want, when I want, and in whatever god damn thread I want to.

It's a long running pet peeve of mine when someone creates a thread for the sole purpose of whatever they feel like sharing at the moment. The IRL pics thread is a good example of that, and there are countless other examples around here. I also understand how important they are for the community, as if we didn't have five hundred single topic threads, no one would have anywhere to post anything. The fact that it pisses me off is a good chunk of the reason I stopped coming to the forums. I don't really like a lot of what goes on in the forums here, but I understand why it's important. The "Official" thing is a pet peeve of mine going way back, further than I know any of you. It really is something people put in the title of their threads in order to make it sound better, but in reality it's just a worthless word in there.

It would appear the sarcasm was lost.

Look, I honestly didn't mean to upset you, and I'm sorry. I was taking your comment about the thread and taking it to an extreme for some laughs to be had by all. I re-read what I wrote in the IRL Pics thread and I can see why any attempt at humor was lost, because what was written was't very funny. Again, sorry.

I feel as though the title of this thread need to be changed to "Official two grumpy old men bickering about things that don't really matter as the neighborhood children get progressively closer to their lawn"

Then again, that might not fit.
Fixed :)

Official helps retain the mentality and goal of keeping everything in one place.

Even if it isn't truly "official" the word itself does carry some weight in the mind of forum users.
We can argue about this (You'd be wrong) but instead I'm just not going to continue this (or any) conversation in this thread. I don't like it. Its a pet peeve. Deal with it.

Alright. Here's the deal MoonDoggy. I still have some respect for you, so I'm going to be less dickish about this than typical Crane. I understand that you find the need to be the mature one around here, or at least try to be. I also understand the fact that you have this need to be intellectual. We go back a while, and I can't imagine how you would know how to react to something that I say in a worse way. Team9000 is not a super serious place. I've learned that over the years, there are times to be serious, there are times that things should be taken seriously. A rant about a thread's title is not one of those things which should be taken seriously. Perhaps I've been away too long, but any bit of sarcasm has been lost on me here. What I do see is someone trying to be a huge righteous dickweed derailing a thread by attempting to prevent someone from derailing a thread. Maybe that's what you were trying to do, I'm not really sure, what I am sure of is you've now spawned two threads and derailed the original thread more than I ever would have had you just not said anything to me at all, and gone about your day. You should by now that there are two things that I don't tolerate. People saying one thing and doing another, people ignoring me, and people trying to tell me what to do, and what to say (And by extension the attempts at manipulation which are this thread). Please move on with your life. The fact that I don't like threads with the words "Official" in them is not the end of the world. The fact that I wrote a rant at 6:30 in the morning on a monday morning should probably tell you about the mindset that I was in at the time I wrote the post. Not that it's not true, but I didn't have my thinking cap on yet, and really was just filled with Rage at the time. The idea that a thread should be only about one thing and you're going to be a dickwad to anyone who feels they need to contribute something otherwise is quite ridiculous. This is a community full of people who have thoughts and ideas. I'm the opinionated sort, I'm also the ranty sort, it's something people around here should be used to by now. I don't mince words, I have too much respect for the members of this community for that. Along side that comes with the knowledge that I'm going to say whatever the fuck I want, when I want, and in whatever god damn thread I want to.

It's a long running pet peeve of mine when someone creates a thread for the sole purpose of whatever they feel like sharing at the moment. The IRL pics thread is a good example of that, and there are countless other examples around here. I also understand how important they are for the community, as if we didn't have five hundred single topic threads, no one would have anywhere to post anything. The fact that it pisses me off is a good chunk of the reason I stopped coming to the forums. I don't really like a lot of what goes on in the forums here, but I understand why it's important. The "Official" thing is a pet peeve of mine going way back, further than I know any of you. It really is something people put in the title of their threads in order to make it sound better, but in reality it's just a worthless word in there.
I just have to say... that I literally cannot believe how pissed off I was about this. <3

Back