Official Youtube Sucks Thread

rsmv2you

In this thread we discuss how much the new youtube layout sucks ass.
1xXZw

I've been forced to use this layout for the past 2 weeks. Trust me, it was worse before they fixed it up a bit last week.

Youtube decided to see how far they could squeeze content to the left and right side of my screen. As well as let me see all the wonderful facebook avatars of every commenter and their mother. Not a fan personally.

Avatars are a bit distracting, and the dynamic page width (along with it NOT CENTERING?) is annoying. Aside from that, I'm all for making things more minimal.

Avatars are a bit distracting, and the dynamic page width (along with it NOT CENTERING?) is annoying. Aside from that, I'm all for making things more minimal.
All very true, and I agree. (f*cking lack of centering)

This seems to remind me of the Metro design scheme for Windows 8. Is this what they're striving toward now?

All very true, and I agree. (f*cking lack of centering)

This seems to remind me of the Metro design scheme for Windows 8. Is this what they're striving toward now?
No. They're striving towards a united design between all of their services. They are owned by Google after all, and Google decided to go with the flow and introduce a universal design ecosystem for all of their products.

Whitespace and the default 'what to watch' screen aside, am I seriously the only one who really likes the new interface? I found the old one used way too many 3D effects and wasn't simple, and didn't follow Holo at all.

you know what makes my anus hurt so bad when it comes to youtube
every time I try to sign in it fucking brings up my gmail account instead of letting me log into my separate youtube account
and then on occasion it will bring up my university email trying to convert it into a youtube/google account when that email IS FUCKING HOTMAIL....
ever since the faggots down at google bought everything they've been trying to connect it all together and now all of my accounts fight each other when I try to log into one thing
fuck you google
lick my dick

you know what makes my anus hurt so bad when it comes to youtube
every time I try to sign in it fucking brings up my gmail account instead of letting me log into my separate youtube account
and then on occasion it will bring up my university email trying to convert it into a youtube/google account when that email IS FUCKING HOTMAIL....
ever since the faggots down at google bought everything they've been trying to connect it all together and now all of my accounts fight each other when I try to log into one thing
fuck you google
lick my dick

Have you tried having just one account?

No. They're striving towards a united design between all of their services. They are owned by Google after all, and Google decided to go with the flow and introduce a universal design ecosystem for all of their products.

Whitespace and the default 'what to watch' screen aside, am I seriously the only one who really likes the new interface? I found the old one used way too many 3D effects and wasn't simple, and didn't follow Holo at all.
I personally love the new interface, it's clean and makes sense- they've been rolling out updates to it almost daily but so far so good. There's a few little fixes i've done client side just for me until it's all done ( i.e the expanded video width actually spans the rest of the page ) but i'm sure in the next couple of weeks things will only go forward

Back