Official Youtube Sucks Thread

/revive

Okay so I was gone for a week and I come back and youtube updated (suprise). My current issue is my audio for videos cuts out and stutters horribly when using google chrome. No such trouble with firefox. It's most likely some stupid thing I'm overlooking on my end but I am having difficulty figuring out the solution.

Another problem I have with youtube (on firefox this time) is it automatically sets my videos to 720p and I actually don't want to load every video in HD for internet reasons on my end. However every place I look to see how to correct the auto quality thing on youtube is either outdated or doesn't work. Curious if anyone has any solutions here. You can call me dumb or whatever, but I'd just like to listen to music as easily as possible :/ .
Youtube's changed things so the videos default to the highest quality your connection can handle. Also, if you go full screen, it auto maximizes the quality immediately. They've also moved a lot of shit around. Case in point, it's now a bitch to get to your liked videos. As far as the audio, I have no idea.

Youtube's changed things so the videos default to the highest quality your connection can handle. Also, if you go full screen, it auto maximizes the quality immediately. They've also moved a lot of shit around. Case in point, it's now a bitch to get to your liked videos. As far as the audio, I have no idea.

I believe that my internet can handle 720p but I don't want to break my stupid data cap because youtube likes loading still images with audio in high definition. I don't understand why they feel these changes are needed. It was bad enough when youtube and google linked. Change is not always good and very rarely needed for things like this.

Back