Ohai! I've been here for a while...

MiniCacti

...My one year anniversary is tomorrow, so I better make one of these while I still can. :laugh:

Anyway, I am writing my life story in a welcome thread, just for the irony.

The Life Story of MiniCacti

I came to T9K the same way as most everyone else; Minecraft. My younger brother showed it to me in early alpha, and I quickly became addicted. After quite a while of derping around alone, I tried out classic. Jumping from server to server eventually led me to Team9000, which was the only server I had found that was NOT a total mess. After a few derptastic builds, I grew envious of those flying people with the colorful names, and decided to apply for a promotion. This led me to the Team9000 website...

"Apply for a promotion on the forums". Ok, sounds good. I created an account and made my way to the Minecraft Classic Forums. (Achievement Get: First Forum of Your Life) I clicked the create thread button and, with some difficulty, embedded my precious screenshot. (Achievement Get: First Thread of Your Life.) I went inactive for about two months, but came back with a passion for blocks. I updated my little thread with more screenshots, and waited. In my mind, a sunflower, cactus, and tower were some pretty hardcore shiz, and I expected to be promoted promptly.

After several days the promotion to Cool came. (Thank you, Casham.) I was ecstatic, and immediately asked how to use my new privileges. After being told the sacred commands of /lava and /water, I began building. I was now an expert on the ways of the "forums" and Minecraft, so I saved my screenies to a desktop folder. The idea was to upload them all at once in one blast of pure Minecraft epicness, and reduce the chances of my valuable thread being overlooked or lost. Finally, on June 6th, I made my second thread and rapidly uploaded my professionally taken screenies. The next day, Godliberator promoted me to the prestigious rank of "Builder" and kindly refrained from pointing out the idiocy of my septuple post. (Thank you, Godlib. My ego was spared that day. <3)

i was da boss. i had lerned teh lingo, deh tricks, and dah ppl of T9K... in the classic section. Basically, I walked and talked like everyone else in the Classic Forum, which is to say the ten-year-old nooblets. Over time I would meet the more mature members and lose the ridiculous accent, thank God. I couldn't shake the noobishness, however, as I was one on both the Minecraft server and the forums.

I gradually ventured into the other sections of the forums, and met a myriad of wonderful people from all over the world. Minecraft Classic was no longer my little home, and eventually I stopped going there all together. In the other sections there were serious threads, LOL threads, trollface threads, and that bloated monstrosity of a stable where the bronies hung out. It was heaven in every section, and I wish I would have come sooner.

It has not been only fun being here, but also enlightening. Before joining T9K, I had no idea what a meme, forum, or thread was. I was blissfully ignorant of the bronies and their awesome tunes. (Does anyone else even use the radio, btw?) I had no clue what a rage face was, and my emote vocabulary consisted of =) and =(. Now, I know a bit about forums and their coding. Cloudsdale radio has become my primary source for chill music, and brony music is the only thing on my MP3 player. I have learned the memes, and more importantly, when to use them. (My buddies at school just recently discovered them off of ifunny. For once, I am ahead of the times. :D) And my God, I now know more emotes than I have emotions for.

In conclusion, I would like to send a big thank you to every member of Team9000 for making this past year a blast, being awesome, and teaching me the ways of the internet. I look forward whatever comes next. ~MiniCacti

*squints eyes*
"I....am.......th...e.....a..ss.....n- OH SHIT!"
nope.jpg

Back