• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Old school playerz?

Bmwkmx1

So what happened?
Alot of the older players, who where all factioned up dissapeared.

Seen the thread on "tk900 server dying".

The only thing that I have seen as a result of them leaving, a renewed sprouting of very awsome growth in the Outlands.

I guess we all just got tired of sitting on our diamonds and wanted a challenge. Working together in the faction servers is a lot of fun, and a challenge. We have to build, we have to mine, its not a choice. Either we thrive, or we get killed. At least, that's the reason I left. I wanted more thrill. When 1.8 comes out, I'll most probably be back to go adventuring with all my friends though!

I miss the oldschool playerz. Their where alot of cool folk their.
Don't know if the politics of all that stuff goin on is good though.

I have been mostly independent, to things.
However I always respected the hardcore players.

I've noticed the same, one for all, the Squad 9001 or the MCC players, have vanished, thats kinda sad, although we're getting a good deal of new players to join us

Just sayin: Why does it seem that we're forgetting the parallel evolution that occurs in this game? Players come, players go, some stay, some leave, some lead, some follow. All the complaints I read, about new towns splitting old towns, or of lack of players; they all seem to come and go in wave's. We'll have one day where the server crashed its so full, then other days you could have FLIGHT capabilities and not find a single soul out there. (Dont worry, Im just making a point. Im hax-free.)

And I have to kinda point out something I keep seeing. People (who assumeably build their own) really do get pissed off when a new town pops up. Why? If "your" town had something to offer, then you wouldn't have to complain. People leaving and moving on is ONLY natural; as I said before, one that plays out time and time again in our own Social Evolution's.

I guess im sayin' that the revolving door we're seeing here happens everywhere, in almost every game I've played- and theres no surprise to that.
All it does is cornerstone those players that still kick it here, and have lasted the test of time. I think the mere presence of someone on the server is more important than where they LIVE on the server.

EDIT: Also, Minecraft is kind of a hard sell to the "sheeple". It takes a level of creativity (one we all obviously have just by even showing up) that is sometimes troublesome and mind-numbing. Also, the biggest test a newbie can have is one of griefers, and that'll weed out alot of people REAL fast, if its not accepted.

Since you dont run around blowin faces off with a shotgun, our pool of possible players instantly is slashed. We should appreciate the dedication and comradeship that comes from the players here now, the builds of those who have moved on, and the fun to come from the true-blue new MC players in the future.

Just sayin: Why does it seem that we're forgetting the parallel evolution that occurs in this game? Players come, players go, some stay, some leave, some lead, some follow. All the complaints I read, about new towns splitting old towns, or of lack of players; they all seem to come and go in wave's. We'll have one day where the server crashed its so full, then other days you could have FLIGHT capabilities and not find a single soul out there. (Dont worry, Im just making a point. Im hax-free.)

And I have to kinda point out something I keep seeing. People (who assumeably build their own) really do get pissed of when a new town pops up. Why? If "your" town had something to offer, then you wouldn't have to complain. People leaving and moving on is ONLY natural; as I said before, one that plays out time and time again in our own Social Evolution's.

I guess im sayin' that the revolving door we're seeing here happens everywhere, in almost every game I've played- and theres no surprise to that.
All it does is cornerstone those players that still kick it here, and have lasted the test of time. I think the mere presence of someone on the server is more important than where they LIVE on the server.

EDIT: Also, Minecraft is kind of a hard sell to the "sheeple". It takes a level of creativity (one we all obviously have just by even showing up) that is sometimes troublesome and mind-numbing. Also, the biggest test a newbie can have is one of griefers, and that'll weed out alot of people of REAL fast, if its not accepted.

Since you dont run around blowin faces off with a shotgun, our pool of possible players instantly is slashed. We should appreciate the dedication and comradeship that comes from the players here now, the builds of those who have moved on, and the fun to come from the true-blue new MC players in the future.

You receive 4 internet's...

Sweet! ...um....what's an "internet's"?
Sounds like a Dutch pastry that was invented in the late 1700s to keep Finnish pirates awake during decade long seabattles with the Spanish Armada, the Fiji Nationaly Navy and the Jamaican Capoeira Crew. These pastries along with some uplifting buttery biscuit bass helped the Finnish pirates overcome their adversary and contribute to the enormous spread of Pogs.

Sounds like a Dutch pastry that was invented in the late 1700s to keep Finnish pirates awake during decade long seabattles with the Spanish Armada, the Fiji Nationaly Navy and the Jamaican Capoeira Crew. These pastries along with some uplifting buttery biscuit bass helped the Finnish pirates overcome their adversary and contribute to the enormous spread of Pogs.

Well, wel all know that the danish like their bass, bass, bass, the buttery bisbuit bass!

As a footnote argument to my comment on "social evolution".

You still use MySpace? If you cant remember what that is, go to AskJeeves to find out.

Point made ;)

Back