• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Onboard Graphics just got worse

Wooty

Staff member
poopygraphics.png

As if the graphics in my laptop weren't bad enough already, Intel just announced they will soon be releasing low-power CPUs with graphics onboard. We're not talking on the same motherboard here, we're talking on the same chip!

New Intel Atom processors will have both central processing and graphics on a single clip, eliminating the need for graphics to be in a separate Northbridge. The technically means your laptop of the future will use "less power," but it also means your netbook is still going to suck.

Intel, we want cheaper better graphics, not cheaper bad ones! Give me graphics or give me death!

... but not death. kthx.

Will netbook manufacturers be able to add graphics chips and maybe combine that with the built-in graphics to have more "teh awesome" graphics?

It's not really designed to be combined with other graphics on the board. As a matter of fact, it does give a little BOOST to graphics over integrated (because it's closer to the CPU).

I'm just worried Intel is going to start crapping up all our CPUs with integrated graphics soon, instead of focusing on what they're good with --- ... just the cpu.

Back